• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bailey and his eating habits...

Indiechic

Wise Old Thumper
Bailey since having his teeth clipped takes all day to eat the same amount of pellets.

he will eat banana and his hay all the time... but not his pellets...

is there anything i can do?

xxx

I wonder if he's struggling with the size?? If he's eating SS why not try breaking a few into smaller pieces (like I do with Comet), and put them on the top of some normal SS and see if he eats them first. Has to be worth a try. :wave:

or mushing the down with warm water? maybe he's to busy licking the ends of his trimmed teeth - like we do when our teeth fall out when we're kids :lol:

It could be the size, poor Miffy being the tiny wee thing she is has to nibble the SS coz they're far to big for her to bite bless her :love:

Thanks guys, hes eaten LOADS of hay today so im not too concerned, he has eaten quite afew pellets, i think it is the big ones he is struggling with so we have broken em up x

yeah they are funny pellets - Maa was eating them no problem till I opened a new bag on Sunday - she never ate any more after that unless I mushed them up - and when I mushed them up I realised they were much much harder than usual - even 10mins soaking in boiling water and they were too hard to mash in the centre :?

odie eats bread

odie has his teeth clipped every 2 weeks (they have fallen out twice but grow back) he loves eating brown bread, pears and apples when they are soft, greens if ripped up a bit and dried food that is in small (the food that is for jr rabbits is good). he is quite plump for a bun with teeth probs:lol: lukie had no front teeth so he had all his food chopped into small peices and eat what all the others had.

odie has his teeth clipped every 2 weeks (they have fallen out twice but grow back) he loves eating brown bread, pears and apples when they are soft, greens if ripped up a bit and dried food that is in small (the food that is for jr rabbits is good). he is quite plump for a bun with teeth probs:lol: lukie had no front teeth so he had all his food chopped into small peices and eat what all the others had.

Every two weeks? Gosh thats extreme x

odie is a pro

odie has got use to it:roll:, i know it sound horrible but he has had them removed and they have fallen out but they just grow back! if he was in ill or in pain then he wouldnt be here. he loves life (the lady vet), eats for all bunny kind and is quite plump!!! also has all the bunnies in the garden under his control:lol: at the moment he has 2 front teeth and a bit. but he has to be the happiest bun i have ever had (had quite a few come and go)! seeing as he was found hopping up my road!!

since mollys abscess surgery, he takes forever to eat all of his pellets (usually he just scoffs then in about 5 mins). I found by making them smaller it was easier for him. I wouldn't worry about it too much, its probably still a bit sore for him or... perhaps hes just savouring the taste! Making them last longer! :)

haha well he seems fine, hes eaten a small tonne of hay lol.

hes had some nana tonite, and water... he seems happy enuf... all his pellets are now gone from today x

Back