• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rocky moulting??

RusselRocky

Mama Doe
Rocky my mini lop has been slowly changing colour, I havent noticed any hair coming out but his colour is changing?? Is this normal?? :shock:

Hello,

I'm not sure about that one. My SmokyJoe always looks a bit weird when he moults - like he has a paler stripe across his back :)

How old is he? If he is around 4-6 months he may be getting his adult coat in which case it may seem that he is changing colour, particularly in a kind of saddle pattern?

How old is he? If he is around 4-6 months he may be getting his adult coat in which case it may seem that he is changing colour, particularly in a kind of saddle pattern?

Saddle like a horse??? No its in a strip down his back and its slowly migrating down his sides... Very odd. I have him since end of November and he was supposedly 8 weeks then which makes him... about 5-6months old... So he is just becoming a big boy? :rolleyes::lol:

Yeah that sounds about right. Some change in different patterns. The fur may not just not look darker but coarser too. Our babies are growing up. :rolleyes:

Back