• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny bath time

IzzyTwig

Alpha Buck
Well my two little terrors last night decided for whatever reason to wee on their lino floor instead of their litter box. They then both decided it was a good place to do a happy bunny flop. So I ended up with two bunnies soaked in smelly wee. Nice.

Took them to have a quick shower thinking all hell would break lose. However they loved it. Both of them were playing about in the water, rolling around, licking the shower head and then had great fun hiding in towels, running about with them and trying to stick their head into the nozzle of the hairdryer.

Strange bunnies, all my other rabbits hate getting wet and are scared of hairdryers.

I now have to keep the bathroom door shut as if they get the chance the rabbits will hop into the shower and play in the water (shower leaks dreadfully unfortunately so is always on almost). Plus they now bug me whenever I dry my hair as they want a go with the hairdryer.:lol:

Aww that sounds lovely. I remember seeing someone's bunny after a bath and it was so skinny!! I would have thought they would have hated it. Aren't they really funny little animals. :lol::lol::lol:

I remember reading somewhere once to never bath your bunny because the stress would make them very ill. I've always wondered if it was true, obviously it isn't :lol:

sometimes when bun is particularly obsessed with me, he gets in the shower with me and just sits there staring at me! he sits out of the way of the spray but has a wet bum and feet :roll:

I only ever bath rabbits and piggies if they desperately need it, usually only their back end. But I had no choice given they were soaked in wee.
Most bunnies hate it and find it very stressful, but for some reason not my two. Even after her shower Nuggette jumped on my lap and gave me kisses, then jumped back into the water to play with the shower again. I was just thinking, "thanks bunny, I was trying to dry you off!":roll:

I have shallow bathed Misty once or twice in her years, she looks so sorry for herself...like a drowned rat...she didnt so much like the bath but loved the hairdryer!!!!!

Its hilarious that yours love the shower I would die laughing if I could see that :lol:

Our latest arrival Earl is covered in wee and weve been wondering what to do...i hope he is like your 2 and doesnt mind the water! What a funny pair:lol:

Back