• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I've got the Pre-loved Preston bun! (With pics)

GemmaH

Mama Doe
And he's a beauty! He was in a tiny plastic GP cage with the piggy just sitting there bless him. He's around 8mths old and if I didn't have Willis on his way and Caroline (Bluefox) waiting for him I'd be very tempted to keep him! His name is bunny - does he remind anyone of another bun on here? :lol:

April2008040.jpg

April2008038.jpg

April2008037.jpg

April2008036.jpg

cant see the pics but will have a look when i get home..just seen u like in knowle green..my mum moved there a few months and goes to knowle green church.its so nice up there really lovely! i always go up n see her and we go to a little deli in longridge..its yum!

cant see the pics but will have a look when i get home..just seen u like in knowle green..my mum moved there a few months and goes to knowle green church.its so nice up there really lovely! i always go up n see her and we go to a little deli in longridge..its yum!

How odd when it's so small! A good friend of mine goes to that church too :D

well she moved over from bolton a few months ago as the people that have the church are her old friends...so they have a house on derby road i think it is? they dont know many ppl there but are settling in, she said everyone is really friendly! whats the name of ur friend if u dont mind me asking? iv been to the church a few times with her, she got married there in july it was lovely!

well she moved over from bolton a few months ago as the people that have the church are her old friends...so they have a house on derby road i think it is? they dont know many ppl there but are settling in, she said everyone is really friendly! whats the name of ur friend if u dont mind me asking? iv been to the church a few times with her, she got married there in july it was lovely!

I'll pm it to you!

well done :wave:

Thank you! Apparently they're now looking for a friend for their piggy, advised them on young baby boar etc, got talking to them and it turns out that they'd phoned today about the pigs I collected yesterday! Could have been another disaster!

OMG!! He looks just like Winnie and Clover, is he a mini lop? he looks really small, smaller than Blue and he's only 6 months, our clover and winnie are mini's, i see bondong coming up when the're all done :D :lol:

what disaster is that then gemma? another was it a disaster me letting my rabbit go to a better home i didnt phone cos i wanted both guinea pigs! i i obviously didnt know 1 was pergnant. i only phoned for 1 guinea pig not a whole herd lol you pmd me asking how i found this forum anything can be googled and while looking for a guinea pig up popped this and ppl talking bout me lol cant haide on the net im affraid hehe im glad buny is at his new home and happy he deserves it but please give it a rest now implying that im a bad owner i do my best for my pets and often they come before me.

what disaster is that then gemma? another was it a disaster me letting my rabbit go to a better home i didnt phone cos i wanted both guinea pigs! i i obviously didnt know 1 was pergnant. i only phoned for 1 guinea pig not a whole herd lol you pmd me asking how i found this forum anything can be googled and while looking for a guinea pig up popped this and ppl talking bout me lol cant haide on the net im affraid hehe im glad buny is at his new home and happy he deserves it but please give it a rest now implying that im a bad owner i do my best for my pets and often they come before me.

Hi Lisa, I know Gemma and met the bunny on Monday (who was gorgeous) and Gemma told me personally that you were a lovely person and the rabbit and guineapig were well cared for so she in no way thinks you are a bad owner whatsoever. I can vouch for that totally.

As far as the piggies go, Gemma said to me that your cage would have been too small for mum and babies and sadly from experience we know that people who haven't had baby pigs before don't know to seperate the boys off at 3 weeks and often end up with dozens of pigs. Being a member of a rescue forum - both rabbit and piggy - I have seen cases again and again when pregnant pigs end up with dozens of offspring purely due to the owner not realising how easily they breed. I'm sure this is all that Gemma meant, again she said to me that you were a really nice owner who wanted the best for her pets.

Just as an aside - I suggested to Gemma she pm'd you to find out if anyone had directed you to this thread. You may have read on my thread that someone on RU is deliberately contacting people to say don't rehome to anyone from RU and it has stopped several rabbits in the past finding good homes. I found it too big a co-incidence that you just happened across RU - why would you be looking for a rabbit forum when you had just rehomed your rabbit? Someone on RU is out to cause trouble for rescuers - nothing to do with you I know but we are trying to find out who is the troublemaker.

I still find it hard to think it is a co-incidence you happened to find RU then happened to join (why?) then found Gemma's thread. But if that is what happened then please accept my apologies for Gemma's pm to you as it was my suggestion.

If you were directed to here by someone and would like to discuss it further please pm either myself or perhaps the admin on RU who I'm sure would be interested to hear who - if anyone - is trying to prevent rabbits going to good homes.

Kathryn

I've just spoken with Gemma who is at her mums right now away from her computer and she is quite upset to hear you are upset. She says it was probably a poor choice of words but all she meant was that you were looking for a companion for your adult male pig, and if you had taken another adult male pig there could have been a blood bath as two adult males are likely to fight badly, and if you'd taken the female you would have ended up with more pigs than you wanted. Not that you were a bad owner at all.

If you are looking for a friend for your piggy, the best one would be a 5 or 6 week old baby boar. Or obviously get him neutered and he could have a whole hareem lol!!

I'm sure Gemma will be on later, hope you don't mind me 'speaking' for her

Back