• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Group Myxi Vacs Tonight

Neil-and-Maria

Warren Veteran
We're taking nine to have their myxomatosis jabs tonight at 6.50pm.
Adam has already been done and BooBoo hasn't been well this week so she'll have hers later. Our vet keeps the surgery open specially for us :shock:!

Neil

Goodness, what sort of vehicle do you have for all those bunny carriers? And do all the carriers fit in the vet's consulting room?

You and Maria must have biceps to die for!

Vanessa xx

6 of mine went for VHD the other week. I was on my own so the receptionist had to help me back to the car :oops:

The vets think I'm completely mad...especially after doing a home visit and seeing that the house rabbits have a room to themselves. :oops:

Just got back...they were all stars! Well, except Jaynie who wouldn't leave her carrier. We managed to persuade enough of her out! £260 odd lighter now :roll:!

Neil

Glad it all went o.k:D But that did sound an expensive visit though:shock:

I`ve got 13 being myxi`d & 2 being VHD vacs on Monday but the vet comes out to us, much easier:)

Just got back...they were all stars! Well, except Jaynie who wouldn't leave her carrier. We managed to persuade enough of her out! £260 odd lighter now :roll:!

Neil

wooooooofffff

Julia told me last night that some vets will let you buy a vial of lapinject (vhd obviously not mixi) for your buns, which the vet injects rather than pay per individual injection. Might be cheaper if you could persuade your vet to do it.

9 bunnies to the vets at once! Wow that must take some organising! I find it hard enough with just my four fluffballs!!:)

Sorry, sorry, sorry! I must clarify we actually got a cheap deal. Rabswood started a thread called Save money on vaccinations where certain vets were offering a free booster in September if you paid full price in March. We looked into it and costed them and the best offer came out at £241. Our own vet was happy to do all eleven rabbits for £235 only to complicate things further we forgot Adam had already been done late January/early February so he took a tenner off for that. Also BooBoo has been a bit under the weather and has been going in for Baytril injections which bumped it up to the figure I originally quoted of £262. Hope that clarifies it all, and that the myxi jabs were actually slightly over a tenner each.

Neil

Back