• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pigs in Hay

elve

Banned
After some mad munching, all is quiet in the piggy room while they sleep it off - awwww look at Olly's little foot :D

olliesnest.jpg

Beattie and Crystal, matching pair of slippers, are always snuggled side by side :)

beattiesnest.jpg

And I know it's dangerous to have favourites :roll: but Abbie is sooooo beautiful :love:

abbiesnest.jpg

Ive not seen their pics before Elve, don't know how I missed that. They are all shaggy, I love the long hair. Do you have to groom them like they were angora/cashmere bunnies?

Aww so cute - they are like the piggies I want! :D

yeah I know you wanted Abbie years ago :lol: I have to say I'll be very sorry when they die as they don't come up in rescue often, and although I love my smooth pigs too, the fluffsters just have the edge on cuteness :)

Ive not seen their pics before Elve, don't know how I missed that. They are all shaggy, I love the long hair. Do you have to groom them like they were angora/cashmere bunnies?

they are alpacas and their hair just grows and grows - up to a foot long - so breeders will keep them with their hair in curlers for showing - poor lambs :roll: apart from nailcutting, I don't groom them at all as they really hate it - I give them haircuts every 2 months - most of them are immaculate 'down there' as they work hard grooming themselves, but I do have one girl that needs grooming every few weeks, as her hair is incredibly dense and springy and soft - she just can't manage it unless I keep it really short around her back and sides :) They are a real struggle to haircut though - it's a dangerous mission :shock: If neither of us loses a finger I'm very relieved :lol:

Back