• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Teeth extraction

Witchy

Warren Scout
Hi all,

Anybody else's buns had their front (top and bottom) teeth removed? How are they doing without them?

:)

One of mine...Dixie... had his incisors removed by the rescue before I adopted him.

Unfortunately the teeth grew back, but on the positive side...they grew back straighter than they were originally :shock:

I've had him for about 4 months...and he's only needed one dental in that time (at a cost of about £6) :D

my french lop Pixie had his incisors removed in january - he is doing well and you wouldnt know he had no front teeth apart from having to grate his carrot!

Squidgy hasn't had incisors for 5 years now. He's absolutely fine without them. We grate his carrot, and chop any veggies and his hay up and he's no bother at all. He doesn't even have molar problems.

I've got 4 bunnies who have had their teeth removed and they are all absolutely fine, they don't even miss them.

i have had 3 with either no front teeth or just half of them and they are still happy whether the food was chopped up or they have their special diet of when the veg or fruit has got soft! but they are still happy which is important.
emily and co

unfortuatly i have only ever had the one bunny that had to have his removed....

He came round from the operation, and appeared to be doing brilliantly, but unfortuatly he died the following afternoon, in my arms :(

It even shocked my vet at the time, he really was expecting my mike to recouperate and go on to live a happy and healthy life.

:wave: Hi Witchy... 2 of my buns are now gummy buns. Spike had his front incisors removed twice and Kiki had her full set removed once then a persistent one removed another 3 times :shock: . They both manage perfectly well without front teeth (and it tickles like anything when they hoover SS pellets up from your hand :lol: ). I have to grate their carrots and apple, slice the herbs and thinly slice the spring greens and that all gets hoovered up also.

aww that scares me masked_firefly that your bunster died becaue of that, i think im going to have cookies removed hes a niether and always at vets having them filed back, every two week too:? he doesnt like it either it scares him. he flys out of hes travel box when he gets there..

aww that scares me masked_firefly that your bunster died becaue of that, i think im going to have cookies removed hes a niether and always at vets having them filed back, every two week too:? he doesnt like it either it scares him. he flys out of hes travel box when he gets there..

Please dont let my experience scare you, as you can see a few other people have bunnies minus there teeth and are doing great.

My poor mike was already weak, because at the time i was still learning about bunnies and their dental side of things, and wasnt expecting him to have such horrible teeth (especially as his brother/sisters had no signs of problems!)....., so young as well, he was only about 5 months old.

Hey folks!

Hey folks,i'm new but not to rabbits or some other animals as I love them so much.I rescued a female bunny from a neighbour bout 2 years ago as she was not getting cared for properly,her hutch was absolutely filthy,she never got out,food and water was being put in for days at a time.I was going to report them but decided that i could give the wee rabbit a better life with mine without any further hassle i gave them a slagging off to their face and to other people to let them know.Anyways i was amazed at how healthy she was but obviously has psychological problems as i found out later the daughter was cruel in other ways.It took me a long time for her to let me clap her but she does now and again and she even comes out to me and nudges me for a treat (she is indoors now but gets running about all the time).One of my rabbits Darnley died not long after getting Rosie (Darnley was 8 and i was devastated when she died)another rescue i got (someone was going to use him for a rabbit stew and his fur for whatever)had to get him put down last year,he was never particularly healthy from when i got him,had a lot of ear problems.Rosie has the company of some of my other pets mainly the dog and guinea pigs.She can be crabby but is quite good with the g.pigs.She hasn't been herself the past week but over the weekend she has hardly eaten,she is so sad looking.I'm going to take her to the vet today so please fingers crossed she will be okay.My vets is great and they know me like a bad penny haha.I think it may be her teeth but not sure but the vet will hopefully get things sorted.The old owners didn't give her a very good diet and I obviously do,but maybe the damage was done.I'm just feeling sad as everytime i lose one of my wee babettes a wee part of me dies.Heres hoping all will be ok. skeleton:cry:

Back