• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Found loads of Milo's fur in hutch

maisydaisystar

Alpha Buck
Last night was the second night Milo and Tilly were together in their hutch, the first night I left them with access to their run as Tilly was a little over protective of the sleeping area in the hutch, and was chasing Milo out of it.
Last night I decided to close off the access to the run as I worry about foxes, when I opened them up this morning I found a huge amount of Milos fur in the bed area amoungst the hay, It was scattered about, but collecting it together I'd say there was a large handful, But I can't see any difference in Milo at all, Unless it's from his tummy area?????
Do you think this was done by Tilly?
He has pulled some of her fur out when mounting her, but I haven't seen her do this to him before, Could it be because I confined them to the hutch for the night,
I would appreciate any advice you can give me.
Thanks all X

Hi, It sounds like she is being territorial over the bedroom area. Was it her hutch before you bonded them? You could take them out and clean the hutch again with vinegar then move things around so she doesn't recognise it as hers. Have you checked Milo over? Rabbits do give off a lot of fur so it might not look noticeable on him but do check for any cuts.

yes it was Tilly's hutch before, I did scrub it with vinegar, maybe I should do it again?
I have looked at Milo already, but I think I will look again to be sure.
They are fine together other than this.

Back