• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone in nottingham re:sexing buns

I can sex adult buns, but don't have much experience with babies :(

What about taking them to Amanda at Bramcote Rescue to get her to sex them...she's been doing it for 20-odd years?

You're probably best to wait until they're about 6 weeks old.

Most vets aren't very good at sexing babies because they don't tend to see many of them.

Amy

Well i keep looking and they all still look the same what are the chances of them being all the same sex

Well i keep looking and they all still look the same what are the chances of them being all the same sex

:lol:

How many are there

Hmm its unlikely, although Polo & Opal did come from a litter of 5 girls and only one boy!!

I just hope harley and spot are the same sex as my mum wants harley and i can keep spot if the same sex and spot is my baby spot is the only 1 with blue eyes :rolleyes:

It's perfectly reasonable that they could all be the same sex...however baby buns 'bits' DO look the same to the untrained eye...so please get an opinion from an experienced person.

Hi, if you pm with your whereabouts in Nottingham I should be able to help you if you're still stuck. I'm available on Sunday :)

Yes folks....I work for PAH (not the Notts stores) and I'm pretty good at sexing rabbits ;)

I won't guarantee the sex of a baby until 8 weeks..as can be difficult and even our vets get it wrong ...

If someone comes into store and asks for us to sex their rabbits for them, we'll do them at about 5 weeks, make a note of it for the owner and then get them to come back at 8 weeks for a double check.

I won't guarantee the sex of a baby until 8 weeks..as can be difficult and even our vets get it wrong ...

My vet sexed one of Ferris's babies wrongly at about 6 weeks old...their bits do look remarkably alike at that age.

It was a real shame because I would have kept the boy if I'd known he was the only one in the litter :(

I can sex them too, Cant garentee 100% though at there age, But i have always been correct so far, Youngest ones i did were 7 weeks.

Gets easier as they get older.

I have managed to be correct with two litters so far...which must have been a miracle :lol:

Back