• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does everyones rabbits groom them?

karen1980

Mama Doe
Lily is 18 mths old and speyed.
She lives indoors with us although I very much think its her that lets us live indoors with her.:lol::oops:
She can be pushy sometimes and is very food motivated.
She'll come up to me or my OH for strokes but she's never licked me or even licked my slipper.
Does this mean she doesn’t 'love' us?:oops:
I keep thinking about getting a bf for her but don’t want her to be second to him (if I got another bun for her).

She truly is a little madam sometimes and should have been called Paris
She binky's round the house and stuff but I guess doesn’t seem to need us.

I completely adore her.:love:

Any ideas?

pearl grooms everything, even the carpet.. sometimes my leg happens to be in the way but its more scratching and biting my trouser leg than licking :(

alvin sometimes licks stes forhead but hes never licked me... hes taken a liking to biting me lately :roll:

Nah Tufty did because she was so affectionate and we were very close but my 4 at the moment aren't really people buns :(

isn't grooming a hierarchy thing? if she's top dog, she simply won't doooo grooming because she so super fabulous that she gets groomed but won't do it back.

i think that's right. i'm only just starting to be groomed by my little boy - and he'll only groom denim!!

I have one bun out of six that will groom me.... doesn't say much for where I stand in the pecking order :roll:

My old house rabbit Charlie was a prolific licker, and being that we spent everyday together and night (she slept on my bed) we were very closely bonded. I couldn't go anywhere in the house without her being right there beside me. I have a bunny now who is very bonded with me but just will not groom me. I almost got a lick on the nose last night, she started to, hesitated then hopped off....little madam. I know she thinks she is 'top dog' by the way she tries to charge around everywhere and she bosses my dog around :lol::lol::lol:

me thinks I am bottom rabbit :oops:
She doesnt seem to crave affection very much- very independant.
She follows me to the kitchen but only because she thinks she's getting food :rolleyes:

sometimes she comes to find me upsatirs but most of the time she seems content on her own. is that weird?

she doesnt like it when i smell of other buns she honks at me! :oops::roll:

me thinks I am bottom rabbit :oops:
She doesnt seem to crave affection very much- very independant.
She follows me to the kitchen but only because she thinks she's getting food :rolleyes:

sometimes she comes to find me upsatirs but most of the time she seems content on her own. is that weird?

she doesnt like it when i smell of other buns she honks at me! :oops::roll:

No I think some buns are like that....TBH Phoebe is very bonded with me but also likes to do her own thing and doesn't follow me like Charlie used to. She is a very people friendly rabbit though, and a stranger could come in and she would still expect a pet....all my others would run away. Actually I think she does think she is someone special....well she is to me of course :lol:

Eee, yes!
:love:

Before adopting Barney two years ago, I didn't know rabbits licked people. :oops: To me, Barney is the lickiest bunny I know... but he's sort of exclusive. He likes it when we have mutual grooming sessions, when I lie down and let him lick my forehead and eyebrows, then stroke his nose and cheeks. He's also very licky when being carried, and licks my neck (and bit it once, the little vampire!). Amber, his wifey-bun, is an obsessive licker... but she's a lot more loose with her affections. :lol: Anyone who cuddles her will be licked.

My other pair aren't as licky. Baby Bella (who is no longer a baby..) would lick me for the first few weeks she was here, after I stroked her. Now, if I dare to request grooming she will either nip me or give me one little lick and hop off. Her mummy, Hazel, is funny. She likes licking my jeans whilst scrambling all over my legs... I dunno. I think her affections are focused on denim, no the person wearing it. :roll:

Dillon only grooms me when he is in them middle of a head tickle and I stop! He nudges me, then licks me as if to say, come on Mum, carry on! :love:

isn't grooming a hierarchy thing? if she's top dog, she simply won't doooo grooming because she so super fabulous that she gets groomed but won't do it back.

i think that's right. i'm only just starting to be groomed by my little boy - and he'll only groom denim!!

This is what my 2 do :lol::lol: (groom denim)
Hubby has lots of little holes in his jeans from buns nibbling them too ;)

Arthur had just started to groom me before he went to be bonded.

Problem is before the lovely little licks started he used to bite me (when unneutered) so I am a bit nervous now :oops:

Arthur had just started to groom me before he went to be bonded.

Problem is before the lovely little licks started he used to bite me (when unneutered) so I am a bit nervous now :oops:

I have the same thing with Blue, but the other way around, he licks and cuddles then nips!!

Dillon only grooms me when he is in them middle of a head tickle and I stop! He nudges me, then licks me as if to say, come on Mum, carry on! :love:

I get that too, that's the best bit!!

Treacle and I have kisses every night when I go to get their bowls to give them their veg, my forehead, nose and eyelids get a good washing and she will try and pull my glasses off my face to get at me better. Dumpling gave me a couple of licks one time copying Treacle but thats it. Dusty will scent my fingers when I put them through the bars to tickle him.
So......one does the other 3 don't.

Awwwww some bunnies do and some dont. Bambi's idea of grooming me was to lick my hair once and lunge at me full gusto and tear my scalp open :roll:

Ouch. Stopped myself from laughing as I know the damage bunny teeth can cause.

Out of ours, Herbie likes to groom my Marks+Sparks fluffy dressing gown, which incidentally I bought to tone in with my bathroom and is now covered in hay!

As for the girlies, Holly has her work cut out trying to groom Herbie and Rosie 'nice girls don't groom, I would rather eat my own poo than do that' wouldn't even entertain the idea.

I think I am missing out here :(:(

Vanessa xx

Kitt ALWAYS showers me and Hawys with kisses... but not if we hold him for too long. His favourite thing to do is for us to cup his chin in our hands and he nuzzles right down on to the bed or floor and licks us inbetween griding his teeth =]

Jamie occasionally kisses us - he used to do it loads before Sapphire arrived, now I guess she's the object of his affection he is very sparing with his kisses to his 2 mummys, lol.

Sapphire only licks me if I have something on my hand she likes the smell of... which is usually followed by a nibble lol.

Hollie, well, I wouldn't like to find out if she'd lick me if I keep my hand there long enough... she's a bit of a feisty one and would probably bite my hand.

xx

Back