• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice please!!!!! Rabbit pee everywhere..UPDATE AFTER VETS

mindymoo

Mama Doe
Misty is about 8 years old, has been litter trained for quite a few years...well I say litter trained she used to use it to pee and poo in but has always poo'd around the house.

Lately though she has taken to peeing allllllllll over my lounge carpet constantly, not only that but she jumps on my chair or waits till we are having a cuddle then does it on me :censored: The O/H is normally very good about her but he does have a point when he says urine is urine and I would not like it if he peed all over the lounge floor :(

Misty has a run in the kitchen and free run of house when we are in, pretty much all day as Im not in work at moment. Can anyone explain why Misty has taken to not using her litter tray :cry::cry::cry:

Last edited:
Time for a vet visit :) could be that she is suffering from a bladder infection, incontinence due to her age, EC etc....definitely worth getting her checked, especially if she usually uses her tray to wee in.

Is there no way that there could be a reason behind why she is peeing on me though?? I will take her to the vets Saturday for a check up anyway but do you think there may be something else behind it?:)

Time for a vet visit :) could be that she is suffering from a bladder infection, incontinence due to her age, EC etc....definitely worth getting her checked, especially if she usually uses her tray to wee in.

That was my first thought too X

Thanks guys just wanted to double check, had already said to O/H that she was going to vets Saturday for a check up will let you know what happens :)

OH MY DAYS!!!!! Nice cream carpet now is splattered with pee stains everywhere!!!!! Tried scrubbing by hand have now got the flipping steamer out to see if that works!!

Phoned vets, shes in tomorrow for a check up...vet says she either has an infection or she just cant be bothered to use her litter tray anymore :roll:

flipping bunny im gonna give her a kick up the **** when Im done cleaning lol

Oh dear :shock::shock::shock::shock:
I think it's most likely an infection...or symptoms of EC. You could try and start her on a course of panacur to see if that helps? I'm sure you vet will give her a thorough checkup. have you noticed if she is actually intentionally urinating i.e lifting her tail up and weeing, or is she just weeing without realising?

Oh dear :shock::shock::shock::shock:
I think it's most likely an infection...or symptoms of EC. You could try and start her on a course of panacur to see if that helps? I'm sure you vet will give her a thorough checkup. have you noticed if she is actually intentionally urinating i.e lifting her tail up and weeing, or is she just weeing without realising?

Wellllll...this is it you see....I dont think she is intentionaly peeing on the carpet but she has definatley taken to peeing on me on purpose :shock:

Will definatley ask the vet tomorrow about the Panacur though...I dont particularly know a lot about EC if someone can point me in the direction of some thorough information it would be appreciated.

Looks like the stains have come out, took some flipping work though, its a good job Misty is as gorgeous as she is cos otherwise she would have had that kick up **** ;)

Last edited:
So please tell me - does the steamer get wee stains out?

My grey conservatory carpet is now multi coloured with assorted stains :(:(:(:(:(:(

So please tell me - does the steamer get wee stains out?

My grey conservatory carpet is now multi coloured with assorted stains :(:(:(:(:(:(

Yeah I scrubbed it first with ecover washing up liquid and rubbed carpet with a towel, then used steamer...you have to do it a few times but it does come out

EEEEKKKK the more I think about this EC thing the more I worry, she does seem to be drinking more and weeing more, I dont think she is incontinent at all though, shes choosing her spots to pee.

We got our steamer from asda, a hand held thing cost about 20 quid!!!

Last edited:
Update!

Misty and I have just got back from the vets, she gave me some Panacur and antibiotic for Misty Moo...unfortunately Misty has lost another 100g since last visiting the vet (only last month) :cry:
She seems to be losing 100g a month so at this rate it is not a good outlook but fingers crossed the Panacur will help..Have also been advised to cook down marrowfat peas or sweetcorn to maybe try and put some weight on, also to give her porridge...she hasnt had that for years

VIBES PLEASE FOR MISTY MOO :cry:

Oh my goodness a poor lady in tears in the vets had to pts her piggie after a neighbours ferrett got into its hutch :censored: it was so upsetting.

And another piggie being pts because of age...so sad :cry: rest in peace little ones :cry:

Last edited:
Back