• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice please!!!! Excess Hair

Wispa & Zola

Mama Doe
a few weeks back i posted asking if zola was fat because of skin flaps over his back legs.

i had a better feel today when i was plucking him and its big clumps of hair. i had a better go at plucking him around his back and a huge clump fell out. a lot of it is still stuck and i trimmed some away.

how can i get this off of him. it annoyed him so he hopped off and if i pull it and loosen it then he tries to groom himself so im worried he will ingest too much fur.

i have noticed over the last two days that someone is doing poos strung together by fur.

ETA: his fur around his back end is so thick i cant get to his skin!

Last edited:
I wouldnt have thought its a cause for concern hun, Its quite normal for it to come out in clumps :D X

i just couldnt beleive it when it fell out! but they are sticking to him so i am worried that he will eat too much.

my once red carpet is now white :roll:

my little one has the fluffiest bum and it's all baby hair still, i get my other half to put him in a trance and then i try combing as much off as i can before he goes wriggly. i could fill a small cushion with what comes off :roll: i worry about him ingesting too much hair so i try and do this every few days.

i don't think mine actually does either tbh! but he will stay on his back just long enough to get some hair out, usually having o/h rubbing his cheeks helps.

oh rubbed his cheeks when he was the right way up and this usually works but i think i was annoying him too much

Nigel's fur comes out in big clumps like that. I pull it out too. If I don't pull it out it turns into dreds and matts together. Don't worry about it :)

Back