• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What about this run? - UPDATE ON RABBIT REHOME RUN

kerina

Warren Scout
Hi everyone, I need some advice about runs (don't mean poos!)

My buns currently live in large hutch/run combos on flagstones.

However as the weather is now improving, I would like them to have access to the lawn for running around, but mostly so they can get some grass!

I don't want to move their permanent homes onto the lawn as they will probably dig out and I don't like the idea of mesh on the bottom of the run as it may hurt their feet if they do try to dig out.

Therefore I am looking to purchase a seperate run for the lawn that I can put them in for short supervised periods only.

Money is tight however, so I have seen this on happy hutch

http://www.happyhutch.com/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=203&categoryID=9

First up, I know it is very small and I know there is no roof.

However, I thought I could get one this week and another in a couple of weeks, then another a couple of weeks later until I have a large area fenced off for them to go in. They would only ever be in it whilst I am in the garden - I would never leave them unattended it in as there is no roof on it.

Would this be ok?

Thanks

Kerina

Last edited:
What about the zoo plus fencing which has no top or mesh on bottom either but good for supervised play. You could purchase what you can afford now and then add more panels as you get more money.

The run panels you are linking to are under 2 foot tall, they are fine for a guinea pig as they dont jump, however most rabbits will step over this height easily.

The run really isn't tall enough, it's only 19inches, which I know Barley can jump without a second thought and quicker than I would be able to stop him!

The panel runs people have mentioned and I think I've seen some puppy pens that come taller! I only use covered runs as we've cats in the garden (which although show no interest wouldn't want to trust them!).

Hannah

The run really isn't tall enough, it's only 19inches, which I know Barley can jump without a second thought and quicker than I would be able to stop him!

The panel runs people have mentioned and I think I've seen some puppy pens that come taller! I only use covered runs as we've cats in the garden (which although show no interest wouldn't want to trust them!).

Hannah

Yes you are right - hadn't thought about the height!

Hannah, can I just say that Barley is gorgeous on your signature!

Having looked at the Rabbit Rehome one a £45.99, I think i'll save for a few weeks and get that one.

Ideally I want something that can easily be dismantled or folded flat for storage in the winter so something like that would be ideal. Also as the rabbit rehome one is just mesh it would take up less room in the shed over winter as the happy hutch one which is more wood!

Thanks guys!

Kerina

http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/donate/rabbitrun.asp

Try this, plus rabbitrehome get a donation from every sale. I thought it was good value but am aware it is a big chunk of money. You could easily get some chickwire or something to lay on top.

I have one of these - it is a really good size but the spiral connectors are a real pain in the backside :(:(:(:(:(

The bunnies have also chewed through the plastic and the metal exposed underneath soon rusts.

Also, the greenline webpage doesn't seem to exist anymore - so am not sure if they still trading.

Vanessa xx

I have one of these - it is a really good size but the spiral connectors are a real pain in the backside :(:(:(:(:(

The bunnies have also chewed through the plastic and the metal exposed underneath soon rusts.

Also, the greenline webpage doesn't seem to exist anymore - so am not sure if they still trading.

Vanessa xx

Didn't realise that Vanessa - thanks x

Hi everyone, I need some advice about runs (don't mean poos!)

My buns currently live in large hutch/run combos on flagstones.

However as the weather is now improving, I would like them to have access to the lawn for running around, but mostly so they can get some grass!

I don't want to move their permanent homes onto the lawn as they will probably dig out and I don't like the idea of mesh on the bottom of the run as it may hurt their feet if they do try to dig out.

Therefore I am looking to purchase a seperate run for the lawn that I can put them in for short supervised periods only.

Money is tight however, so I have seen this on happy hutch

http://www.happyhutch.com/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=203&categoryID=9

First up, I know it is very small and I know there is no roof.

However, I thought I could get one this week and another in a couple of weeks, then another a couple of weeks later until I have a large area fenced off for them to go in. They would only ever be in it whilst I am in the garden - I would never leave them unattended it in as there is no roof on it.

Would this be ok?

Thanks

Kerina

Have you not got anybody to build one,they are very cheap to build i myself have just finished one today.

Update on PWS Greenline (the rabbit rehome run people).

I found them on yell.com - they are literally just down the road from where i live in Coalville. They have confirmed that their website has been down for a while down, but they do still do these runs and they do still do the donation bit to rabbit rehome.

I have ordered one today and will be picking it up next week :D - Thumper & Smokey are very excited at the prospect of a run on the lawn!

And they have confirmed that they will donate 7.5% to Rabbit Rehome still.

FAO Mods - Sorry if this constitutes as advertising but as they are donating to rabbit rehome I thought you wouldn't mind if I let other people know that they can still get these runs, even though the website is down.

Kerina

Vanessa xx

I've never used the spiral connectors, I use extra thick cable ties and then I use tent pegs to peg it into the grass and it's quite firm standing :)

Am glad you have tracked down Greenline, the run is a fantastic size!

Kayjay, my OH also used cable ties on ours and bent the spiral connectors onto the panels. This worked a treat and held it firm until I needed to dismantle it to divide the conservatory :(

Vanessa xx

Back