• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pet Carrier for 3

Pipstrel

Mama Doe
Hi there can anyone tell me where to get a pet carrier for 3 from, I'd love a top opening one but not sure where to find one.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Helen x

Hi. I have an Atlas 20 open top carrier which measures 22" long by just over 14" wide. I think it would be a squeeze to get three rabbits, even our smallies into it. I got ours from a local pet shop. it was slightly cheaper than PAH. I have found them cheaper on internet but the P+P is pricey generally so there is no saving to be made.

I have seen bigger dog carriers but they do not open at the top and are very tall, so are not ideal for bunnies. If you google 'cat carriers' there are loads of sites with pictures/dimensions. Hope this helps.
Vanessa xx

My voyager would take three tiny bunnies, but remember you have to lift it. It doesn't open at the top and cost about £22

Sorry Helen, don't know but would you not struggle trying to carry all three in one carrier! I know my carrier with two in is heavy enough!

Does this mean you are definiately getting your new bun? Any photos yet?

Lian x

I've got a carrier I can get 3 cats in but its heavy when full of cats. Its sort of small dog sized, I'll have a look which make it is.:)

Sorry Helen, don't know but would you not struggle trying to carry all three in one carrier! I know my carrier with two in is heavy enough!

Does this mean you are definiately getting your new bun? Any photos yet?

Lian x

Yes i'm def getting him can't wait!! Hopefully getting him on the 20th April, he'll then be a house bun for a few weeks until he's had his neuter and recovered from it.

No photos as yet she is meant to be texting me some but obviously hasn't got round to it yet.

Yours is a nice big carrier tho and your two are bigger buns so I reckon if I got a carrier thats about the same size as yours but but my three in it it shouldn't be too bad. I never have to carry them very far either just to car and then to the vets.

Oh and I've got a job!! A part time receptionist at a vets that is becoming a training practice by the end of the year. Its a vets4pets practice and the people are really nice.

Going to keep my current job too until it becomes such that I'm doing too many hours at the vets to still get all my work done at HSBC then I'll have a rethink. The receptionist bit will grow as the practice grows and it will also involve doing other stuff too so a bit of everything in the practice. Then when they become a training practice I'll become a trainee nurse and they'll get a new receptionist. Will hopefully be starting by the end of April!

I can't wait!!!

Anyway sorry for long post!

Helen x

Awwwww, great news, congratulations honey! And really chuffed for you about new bunny, can't wait to see piccies!

Yes, my carrier is quite big, we have had it years from our very first cat. They don't seem to make them as large anymore. I have a bad back so be honest, I struggle carrying anything (good excuse to have Mark carry all the shopping!) :lol:

Awwwww, great news, congratulations honey! And really chuffed for you about new bunny, can't wait to see piccies!

Yes, my carrier is quite big, we have had it years from our very first cat. They don't seem to make them as large anymore. I have a bad back so be honest, I struggle carrying anything (good excuse to have Mark carry all the shopping!) :lol:

Isn't that what blokes are for!!!

I really want to see what my new bunny looks like but don't want to call ehr again coz I'll just annoy her!

I've got an atlantis. Unfortunatley the size that I've got is the next one up from an open top one. However having said that I have actually found the front opening one much easier to get them in and out of the carrier at the vets. It was very heavy with three of them in though. I was thinking of getting some luggage wheels as I take them on the bus but not sure how practical/safe that would be.

Mines the Pet Voyager 300.... loads of room and I've just discovered that sticking it on my 'luggage wheels' makes it a doddle to drag round! :D

Back