• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Two Jabs, One Day?!

CoSmo

New Kit
Hi,

Cosmo's at a very young age right now (9 weeks)- I've called the vets and confirmed an appointment for him to have his Myxi and VHD jabs today. Is it recommended he have them both on one day, or is this lethal.

Very concerned owner- I love Cosmo and don't want to put him at risk.
Sorry for the panic- it's just someone has just advised me not have them both done on the same day.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

CoSmo.:rabbit2:

No you can't have them done on the same day!! It would render them ineffective. They need to be done at least two weeks apart, and if your vet tells you otherwise then please change vets!!!:shock:

One of my clients vets gave their rabbit both jabs n the same day and the rabbit was quite poorly. They have to be done 2weeks apart

They must be at least 2 weeks apart. I took my 2 on tuesday for their Myxi & they are having their VHD in 2 weeks time.

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Thank you all very, very much for your help.
See if i hadn't have known otherwise, it would have been very dangerous.
I love him to bits, and i can't have any risks here.

Will MAKE SURE they are two weeks apart.
Thanks a lot.

:D CoSmo is greatful
:D

Back