• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

help naughty naughty bunny

Raven Rexs

Mama Doe
as some of you will remember Sniper my hare x rex i kept and my friend kept his bro well sniper is now getting very very naughty hes started getting territorial where he lifts his tail high in the air and comes at your hand ive had to use his bunny teddy as a shield and he bit it and boxed it!:shock: he always digging now and when ever im near his cage hes jumping all over the wire!:shock:wat do i do? has anyone had this experiance because not even one of my does attack me let alone a buck and his brother is really sweet and soppy!:(
oh and hes fine once out the cage even clicks his teeth while im stroking him as i hold him telling him how silly hes being:roll:

Well I doubt you'll do it because you breed, but neutering would change his behaviour so much for the better. He is hormonal.

but if hes a hare x surely you wont breed from him...so you could him him neutered as mandy suggested?x

id do it if it changes him to a nicer bun. just wondered if there might be something ive done wrong with him thats is it a garentee that he will be better after neuturing

theres nothing youve done wrong. my doe, Jelly was a complete nightmare. she bit me, scratched, lunged, she was awful! and i had her from a baby n handled her everyday, so it was nothing i did. now she sits on my lap and grooms me!

its his hormones, some bunnies are affected more than others, not every bunny gets hormonal and some get more so than other buns but its nobodys fault. Im sure after neuturing he willl calm down..alot!

My two were naughty before the were neuterd. It really does change them for the better.. my two used to spray urine everywhere aswell :roll::oops:

It is one of those catch 22 situations really that you won't know whether it will change him or not until you get him done. I have had some buns neutered and they haven't changed and others have:roll:

I imagine teenage bunnys are very much like teenage girls and boys. You can be the best parents in the world but once those hormones kick in you can't do a thing right. I of course would have been one of those very laid back bunnys that would have been nice even without neutering. I was a very good teenager :angel:

ive decided to give it a month if there is no change in his behavour i shall get him neutured any idea on a good vet to do it and a reasonable price?

Back