• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits who'd have em!

Pipstrel

Mama Doe
So took them both to the vets last night, Piper's resp infection is all cleared up. However they both have slightly sore hocks, think this is from lying on hard earth. So i gave them a nice fleecy soft snuggly blanket to lie on in their favourite spot in the run.

Looked out on them half hour later, Minstrel is lying on the blanket and Piper is lying in front of it :roll:

Went out this morning and they've moved it and are lying on the hard earth again :roll:

Why did I bother?!?!:lol:
Moved it back 10 mins later theyve bloody moved it again!

Getting some vet bed on Friday, any ideas how I can stop them moving it!!??? Thought I could put bricks on it to stop them moving it but then they'd just start moving bricks around!!

Helen x

Typical :lol: Ive found that bricks work quite well, they like digging things like that & it wont move quite as easily with bricks on it I dont think :? Talking about 'Rabbits, who'd have em?!' - I heard reaaally loud banging about half an hour ago, went to look out the window & people in two houses at the back were looking out theirs - they were also obviously wondering what all the racket was. I was shocked to find out what it was - Im sure you can guess who it was!! :oops::lol:

Haha! At least they make us laugh even if they annoy the neighbours. And to be honest I'd give mine extra treats to stamp all night as one of our neighbours plays stupid music all the time, can hear it in the garden and it must really annoy the buns

You've got no chance Helen, they'll only ever go where they want too :lol::lol::lol::lol: I've had to put rubber matting down everywhere for Dillon's heels otherwise he would do the same!

Is that an option for you?

rabbits are *******

they are a law unto themselves arent they?? Rabbits love digging into blankets etc, mine will actually roll them right across the room, digging and biting as they go. You cant tell rabbits to do anything and they will only ever do whatever THEY want!

They are funny though.

Tell you what I use, I use a big plastic dog basket and fill it with hay. That way they get a protective 'nest' and can be all cosy!

You've got no chance Helen, they'll only ever go where they want too :lol::lol::lol::lol: I've had to put rubber matting down everywhere for Dillon's heels otherwise he would do the same!

Is that an option for you?

i'm going to put lino in the playhouse(will try and get springy stuff), carpet on the other two floors of playhouse, and they will hopefully soon have some nice new soft grass to lie on but will prob keep the vet bed outside for them to lie on too.

Helen x

they are a law unto themselves arent they?? Rabbits love digging into blankets etc, mine will actually roll them right across the room, digging and biting as they go. You cant tell rabbits to do anything and they will only ever do whatever THEY want!

They are funny though.

Tell you what I use, I use a big plastic dog basket and fill it with hay. That way they get a protective 'nest' and can be all cosy!

Unfortunately they'd just wee in it :roll:

Back