• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do i clean Cosmo's cage out safely? :)

CoSmo

New Kit
Hi all,

When it comes to cleaning Cosmo's cage, i make sure its immaculate by disinfecting it and drying it throughly prior to laying bedding down.

When i'm cleaning it, should i be wearing gloves or anything?
What the best way to empty out all of the old bedding without inhaling all of the dust? If there is a good way anyone can recommend: i'd really appreciate it.

Thanks for you help in advance.

CoSmo

I've got dust masks I got from wilkinsons diy section - I use them when I do the hay too :) you don't need to worry too much about germs if you only have one rabbit - just a wash with soapy water will do - I dry mine with flannels followed by kitchen roll. You can use white vinegar to get rid of stains I believe. On my piggie cages I use a cleaning mix in a plant spray bottle (from wilkinsons garden section!) - 1 part bleach to 9 parts water - this is left to soak 15mins and kills most germs and spores :)

Back