• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Deciding weather or not another bun is a good idea (thoughts/advice please!)

Hugbut

Mama Doe
The colleague i posted about a few weeks ago is looking for homes for the litter her rabbit had.They are around 4 weeks old, so not ready yet.At one point she wanted to keep all the babies (she cannot, imo, look after the rabbits she's got, let alone another 6!) I managed to convince her to let me take one of the babies off her hands (i wanted to take mum but she said no) I'm undecided though, my OH has said it's up to me as it'll be my bun - I don't know what to do.I have a neutered male who (as far as i know) is happy on his own, but he's very friendly so i'm sure he wouldn't mind sharing his house with a wife.I keep hoping someone will send me a 'sign' to help me decide what to do.
Any thoughts? :wave:

Last edited:
Maybe you are my 'sign' Becki - the first to reply - & your bun is the same colour & has similar markings to my boy, Hugo :D

In that case here's a sign from me - Splodge says Hugo would love a gorgeous wife bun to snuggle up to on an evening!!

Im having similar thoughts. Jasmine is being spayed next month, and then hopefully she will be moving outside to the Palace for the summer. Im thinking im going to find her a husbun, but when they come back in in October, il have to buy a bigger indoor cage, and with my business not sure if I will have room for a humungus cage!

Haven't been around for a couple of days so have only just read your replies - thank you for your thoughts Becki xX, drpengie & poppymum, i think a descision has been made. I am going to have one of the rabbits :D
As i said, the the babies won't be ready to leave mum for a while, but when Hugo gets his wife, i'll post some pics :D

Hugo says: Thanks Rhia & Splodge for helping mum make up her mind :wave:

Back