• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Adopting

eventually maybe in a few months or next year I'd like to addopt another rabbit It'll be a while untill finances are better.. the problem is i have had a bad experience with the shelter over here.. I took a couple of rabbits two them... one had dreadful teeth(eventually he was pts as the absess had gone into his brain and deformed his skull) the other was fine except for sore eyes due to being outside with no shelter in all weathers,,, i was told that thery had lots of rabbits and if i left them they would be pts... I couldnt afford another couple of rabbits at the time as i had had four kittens and two guinea pigs and a child given too me that no one wanted... we managed as we always do but it was tough... so i would prefer addopting from another rescue... so are there any rescues in england that would consider letting me addopt over there?...

Jersey :)

Ive had problems with them too hun :( And your right they do just PTS with the bunnies, seem great with the cats and dogs though :( I believe they only keep a few in for rehoming and to be honest none of them seem to know the first thing about rabbits. I offered to help but they werent interested :( I have reported a neighbour to them about 20 times now and they arent interested in that either :?

When I adopted Beau I said he was to bond with Buu and asked did they offer any help and they said yes we will do it for you if you have problems doing it yourself, called them a week later and they pretty much laughed at me and told me to keep them seperate :? :(

I think people here have gone to the mainland before to get rabbits, im sure Hugh mentioned he knew someone who had brought a bunny back on the ferry when I mentioned I went to collect my rats :)

I would consider travelling to the mainland in the future to adopt an already bonded pair because it breaks my heart seeing my two alone x

i know what you mean.. after taking in george milton and being turned away from the spca...I took them to the vet's when he saw the condition he spoke with the jspca and they came to visit me.. they werent interested to the rabbits last owners but merely in how many animals I had taken in... she then caused a problem with housing and wasnt interested that georges teeth had been left so long the abcess had deformed his skull....:censored:

Back