• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

help please :(

klmirt

Young Bun
I've just seen Alice with a huge bunch of hay in her mouth. It's not like her and she was sat still with it hanging out of her mouth. I had a little pull of it and it was completely jammed in her teeth, almost like her mouth was jammed shut.

She seems herself as she did let my OH sit with her and stroke her and let him pull some of it out slowly but there's still some in her mouth. I'm really worried about her as she's pulled some of her fur out tonight too, not much but enough for me to see on the floor.

I feel really awful because i can't tell if she needs my help or not, apart from this tonight she's been fine all day, playing around, eating, pooing etc.

Any advice? :(

Angel did this at five months old.She was spayed at 6 months and i have never seen her do it since:D

Sounds like a phantom pregnancy to me, she's nest building.

Is she neutered?

Oh no, I didn't even think of that. She's 6 months old and she is due to be neutered in 4 weeks time. She's only a small nethie so I wanted to wait until she was that little bit older.

I just dont understand though, she's lying on the floor now just like she does ever other night and her behaivour today has been normal, if a little more cheeky.

Is there anything I can do to help her?

Absolutely nest building, it's that time of year.

Our two are spayed/neutered and currently chasing each other around being rude:oops:

Totally agree.... she was hanging to that hay cos she wanted to make a nest with it! :lol:

I'm sure getting her spayed will sort things out. My little boy Nethie, Comet was neutered on Monday, hes probably not quite 6 months yet and is tiny, but he came through the op fine. Perhaps have a word with you vet about bringing it forward a week or 2.

:)

awww they look so cute with a mouthful of hay - I love the look on their face when you give them some food - they just can't spit it out fast enough :lol:

She did look rather cute elve, but she turned her nose up when I offered her carrot to see if she dropped it :?

As long as she has had no contact with an entire Buck its deffo a pseudo-pregnancy :)
Dont clear up any nest she builds, she'll only build another one. She may pull some fur from her chest to add to her nest and her appetite may decrease for 24-48 hours. She may also be very 'territorial'

Flippin' hormones !! :rolleyes:

Janex

My Bun Ruby does it alot too! Definately nest building. Spaying should help, we're going to get Ruby done in the warmer months. Don't clear up her nest as Jane say's or you'll get a very :censored: bunny, who will make another one! Watch out for biting and boxing too as she will be v. territorial. Good luck

yep, agree with everyone else, it'll be a false pregnancy. Speying should dtop it from happening in the future. But leave the nest there for a few days til she looses interest in it otherwise it'lll distress here if you disturb it.
And definitely be aware she could be quite mardy. One of our girls, Holly, was a fiend when she had phantoms. She's speyed now, but my goodness you had to ask her permission very sweetly before you were allowed in "her space" :shock::lol:

Back