• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New panacur syringes

Becki xX

Warren Veteran
How do the new panacur syringes work?!! :oops: They seem so complicated, and will project the whole tube everywhere! :?

Under the bit you push down to dispense the Panacur there is a ring that winds up one graduation at a time:D

Under the bit you push down to dispense the Panacur there is a ring that winds up one graduation at a time:D

Ohh is there? :oops: Off to go & have a look - Have bought an extra one for 'experimental' purposes...(to try and fathom how it works, that is!) :lol:

I didn't spot it the first time I had it, and ended up putting it into another syringe:oops:
I only found out about the ring when I read it on here and thought "what ring":roll::lol:

Once you work out the ring thing it's fine. Only problem is if you have small buns cos the graduations are one per 2.5kg as I recall ... as none of mine are that big!

I had a faulty tube and ended up giving 8 doses instead of 1:roll: I phoned the vets and they phoned the poison unit who said it was ok though:D

Once you work out the ring thing it's fine. Only problem is if you have small buns cos the graduations are one per 2.5kg as I recall ... as none of mine are that big!

I dont think it matters too much, Ive heard its hard to overdose them...as I guess Kays post has just shown actually! :lol: I dont know what was wrong with the old tubes - as if bunnies arent confusing enough :roll:

i just had to do one graduation doses, really hard because the graduations are to tiny and you can't see what you're doing! it took me about 10 minutes to work out the ring thing, i was constanly worried it would shoot backwards and i'd give him the whole tube at once!!

It took me ages to work it out as well:D But it's easy once you suss out that the distance between a line at the top and the next one on the bottom is one graduation. It's easier and cheaper to get the liquid one and use a regular syringe.

Back