• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bunny sneezes and 'clicks' help?

shel20

Alpha Buck
my bun bobby has sneezed since the day i got him..not constantly but he does about 4 in row about 5-6 times a day, he seems ok in gereral, always playing eating drinking etc, usually when he eats or comes in the fromt room, could it just be the dust off his pellets/air freshener etc in the house?

Also little alfie 'clicks' when he hops..only noticed when he was playing circling me on the floor the other day but when he runs each hop has a little click? what could this be?

u mean like a thumping sound?

can't help with the snezzing but bailey sometimes snaps his feet on the floor when he runs x

I'm not an expert but it sounds like a respiratory infection of some description - I'd take him to the vet as soon as possible so they can confirm this and treat it :)

hes had it fro about a month now and i was told it could be just a reaction to all the smells in the house?

My Bob has sneezing fits, he's not got an infection, it could be something irritating the nose, but it certainly wont hurt to get a vet to have a look.

yeah thats it..like fits..not constant..ill get him looked over though i think hes due a neuter follow up as well

Hi, are you sure its his legs clicking and not his teeth. The kids house rabbit (moo) is alway clicking his teeth especially if he's playing close up and personal with people, he so loves people. But then he hums and buzzes as well and does have sneezing fits sometimes, particularly if he is playing commando bunny under the sofas (where its a bit dusty!)

well its alfie with the clicking its as he hops..click..click so i dont think its coming from his teeth?
and bobby with the sneezing:roll:

sounds like its a trip to the vet for both of them. I've just been reminded that moo is alergic to lillies and these make him really sneeze!

My Bun has always sneezed as you described your bunny sneezing and he also makes funny grunting noises and sometimes even sounds like he's choking. Vet found nothing wrong and he is well in himself so i try not to worry.

Shel if you want to bring them with you on Sunday I can see if I think it is anything to worry about.:D

ooh thats a good idea! might just being a bit over protective but last nyt while bobby was sneezing, alfie was clicking and i thought 'oh dear!' . really looking forward to helping out..iv sent u a pm
i

Back