• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

How much?

Indiechic

Wise Old Thumper
Hello

Just wondering what everyone pays for
1) checkups
2) Tooth burring/trimming
3) Vaccinations
4) Neutering
5) Emergency visit

I pay £25 for a checkup, £9 for teeth clipping and £30 for both vaccines per bun. My neuter was £60 per bun plus meds,

Out of hours is £70.

Im compiling a list for someone who is looking to geta bunny but doesn't believe that they are so expensive x

Well we get pretty fabby discount from our vet, we just paid £134 for 12 myxi jabs just last week, and paid £70 for 13 VHD jabs last november, but we got good price cos in bulk!

Otherwise singularly our vet charges £16 for myxi and i think £14 or so for VHD.
Neuter is £45 for a boy and £65 to £75 for a girlie.

All the vaccs have a check up included i price.

Bottom clip healthcheck and rearguard for £14.50

I dont know what just a consult would be :?

Check up - £10
Vaccinations - £15 each
Neutering - £45 boy, £65-70 girlie
Emergency Visit - Ranges, my last one was £70 without meds on top :shock:

£70 for an emergency visit!!!?

when my piggie broke his leg on a bank holiday, it was quite reasonable. £20!!

1) Check-up - never had just a "check-up" so I can't really say!
2) Teeth burring - again, not needed this!
3) Vaccinations - VHD = £21ish, Myxi = £25ish
4) Neuteuring - Barley was about £100 (from memory) about 5 years ago!
5) Emergency - not had an out of hours consultation (luckily). Normal consultation has been about £50-60 when you take into account necessary meds.

Hannah

A vet visit is £40
Vaccinations are £29.75 per bun for the first and then £23.50 for a booster per bun. We get a 5% discount for taking the two together.
Netuering is £57.50
Spaying is £71.50
Never needed dental work done yet. But will let you know as I am sure we will at some point.
I also have no idea how much emergency treatment is and hope to never find out.

Rabbits are expensive, but then any pet is.

Just wondering what everyone pays for
1) checkups. Included with vaccs but a consultation is £20.
2) Tooth burring/trimming. Don't know.....yet!
3) Vaccinations. £14 for one, £16 the other can't remember which, £30 both.
4) Neutering. I think it was £55 for the girls and £45 for Dusty.
5) Emergency visit. Out of hours £90 BEFORE any meds :shock::shock:

1) checkups - Free
2) Tooth burring/trimming - about £27 last time I had a foster boy done [I think]
3) Vaccinations - £19 each
4) Neutering - £45 for castrate, £65 for a spay
5) Emergency visit - £40 fee outright, then however much the medicine/treatment is

check up - It sort of depends. If they are doing it whilst vaccinating or post op then free, otherwise I think about £20. Unless a bottle of lapinzol costs £53.

Vaccine - £17 per vaccine

Neuter - £35 for a boy, no med charges. Girls is more but I don't know how much.

Never had the rest done.

1) checkups - £19.75
2) Tooth burring/trimming - not sure
3) Vaccinations - £31 per course
4) Neutering - Bucks - £45.00, Does - £60.00
5) Emergency visit - £50

1) checkups - £20
2) Tooth burring/trimming - about £50-£60 under GA
3) Vaccinations - £25 per course
4) Neutering - Bucks - £55, Does - £65
5) Emergency visit - £90

1) Checkups - £25
2) Tooth burring/trimming - unknown
3) Vaccinations - £42 per course of Myxi & VHD
4) Neutering - Bucks - £72, Does - unknown (but I suspect it's £85ish)
5) Emergency visit - unknown (but I suspect £90)

My prices should raise your average a bit! :lol:

Check up @ Shaw Vets/Swindon is about £14...Myxi and VHD is £22 each I think, I dont really ask to be honest just stick the old plastic in and pay :oops:

Ps they are a brill vets!!!

1) checkups: £14 BHV or £24 HBV
2) Tooth burring/trimming: £10 conscious incisors or between £60-£120 unconscious molars HBV or Free at BHV with a neuter.
3) Vaccinations: £15 each
4) Neutering: £40 male £60 female
5) Emergency visit: from £95....:shock:

1) checkups: It varies Normally around £15
2) Tooth burring/trimming: I dont know but when Jazzy had part of his tooth removed it was £55
3) Vaccinations: I think it was £35 for both
4) Neutering: £50 male £65 female
5) Emergency visit: I think its £75

Check up havnt had any for no reason £15-00 _£25-00 along with meds Baytril

never had dental

vacinations £20 each

neuter-male£58-00 never had female done yet

I think to be honest its not the 'regulars' you need to warn your friend of the cost of - but the cost of operations or other illness treatments. Its amazing how a few trips to try and sort out an infected wound, or a torn claw, or a sprianed 'elbow', or gut stassis or . . . etc etc can cost! And as for stictching a nose back on, or doing complicated surgery, or x-rays or blood tests (actually I always feel blood tests are incredibly expensive!).

I know that in the last 8 years of rabbit owning (with between 1-11 rabbits at any one time and 17 in all) I have spent about £8,000 - as I asked at the vets recently!! Though 2 of those rabbits were 'special needs' with one needing lots of re-building surgery.

And thats without the hutches, and runs and hay and food and re-arranging the gardens, and indoor crates and replacing chewed wires and putting down special non-slip flooring and special things like physiotherapy and also paying for a rabbit sitter so I can go away and recuperate!!!

God knows how Jack's Jane and multi multi rabbit owners cope!

Back