• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hutch Size

Rabbit1986

Alpha Buck
Just wondering how many average size buns could fit comfortabley in a happy hutch 6ft x 2ft with run combo. By average i mean a small dutch cross and possibley 2 lionhead lops. I know a couple of people on here have 3 or four buns in these combos and i was wondering if they have enough room? Is it possible to extend the run to make it larger or is this not really neccesary? :wave::wave:

Hello :wave:

I think two average size buns would fit comfortably in a huch that size although I know a few people have 3/4 small buns living in there so i'm not sure. How big is the run?

x

Is it possible to extend the run to make it larger or is this not really neccesary? :wave::wave:

Can't really answer the first part of your question as I haven't had two buns housed in it.

However in answer to the latter part, yes it would be straight forward to make a run extension yourself and just make the same kind of panels and basically attach it! Or I believe, although it's not listed on the website anymore they will make run extensions for you. With regard to it being "necessary", certainly the more space you can give them the better! I've just recently doubled the size of the run I have attached to my shed (from 6 x 4 to x 8!), and definatly give more hopping space, and now they can have a "longer" hop - you know, more hops in one go - lovely to watch :D they also certianly get more exercise as things are positioned at different ends (e.g. litter tray in one corner water and "special" hay at the other side) - so I assume they must be fitter. I'm waffling now but basically the piont I'm trying to make is if you can give them extra space then do so :D

Hannah

Back