• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Its WAR and I'm winning

Kay

Mama Doe
I am in competition with a local awful awful breeder on the collection of local free to good home rabbit hutches! Its the same breeder that sent Arthur and his sister to a death sentence at a falconery.

He stopped breeding rabbits for a while after I'd complained to the RSPCA but I have noticed that he has been advertising for rabbit hutches free of charge in the local area. So what I have been doing is a) subscribed myself to the same advertising places as him (he linked his adverts!) but I paid more and I get the adverts a day early, b) I then go and collect every single hutch that is offered. and c) When I get them home I dismantle them and take the wood to the recycle tip. None of the hutches have been a decent size so no use to anyone and he doesn't go for any hutch over 3ft as he doesn't have the space.

So far I am winning because today (he doesn't know who I am ) he emailed my user account and said he was going to complain about me to the advertisers saying I was starting a business and not leaving any hutches for him. he said:

'dear rabbitsaver, I write to complain about your constant buying of hutchs in the Letchworth area and I am going to take this higher. I am on benefits and can't aford new hutchs so need on these free hutchs for my rabbits babies. I need one hutch for the mum, one for the dad and 2 for the boys and girls. I currently only have one hutch so your stopping a disabled person have the pleasure of his hooby. I had to give up breding this year but thats sorted now.

Do you have any hutchs spare?
BunMan.'

I am furious with him but pleased that this is actually starting to get to him. I notice on his adverts he is now advertising for wood but it has to be delivered or small enough to get on a mobility scooter and free! I hope he will give up!

Incidently I have now taken 12 hutches ranging from 1.5x1ft :shock: lady said her bunny (a dwarf lop died when it was a 1year, poor thing stuck in that!) to 3ftx2ft. The only half decent hutch was a 4 hutch one but only 1ft deep so I have ripped the inside out, took the doors off, repainted it and its at the bottom of the garden as an alternative place to lounge for Arthur and his bun wife when they are free range in the garden.

Last edited:
well done you! I dread to think what conditions his buns are in but i think your actions are making his life hard and hopefully he will give up soon. "His Hobby":censored: - makes me sick!

Half of me feels guilty thinking I wonder what he is doing now, but the louder half thinks that he seems to be struggling so good. I hope he will give up.

As for the conditions his buns are in when I got Arthur from the Falconary guy he was covered in mites, bald patches, stunk of cigarettes and looked awful at only 7 weeks old.

Last edited:
'dear rabbitsaver, I write to complain about your constant buying of hutchs in the Letchworth area and I am going to take this higher. I am on benefits and can't aford new hutchs so need on these free hutchs for my rabbits babies. I need one hutch for the mum, one for the dad and 2 for the boys and girls. I currently only have one hutch so your stopping a disabled person have the pleasure of his hooby. I had to give up breding this year but thats sorted now.

Is this a crime then???:shock:

:lol::lol::lol:

TP;)

That is a very clever move however if he cant seperate the buns (due to no hutches) then it may result in something much worse-more babies or aggression...........

:lol: that's brilliant! But I think you should notify the RSPCA of his activities again - I'm sure his rabbits must be in dreadful conditions and they may have even banned him from breeding or something, so I would send them a copy of that email :?

I too would re notify the rspca. If they took animals off him, he probably would have been banned from keeping them for some time & even if they hadn't I'm sure they would be interested in paying him a visit ;)

That is a very clever move however if he cant seperate the buns (due to no hutches) then it may result in something much worse-more babies or aggression...........

That was my thought at first, but having reread his message I get the impression that he doesn't have any at the moment, he just wants to start breeding again...

Go you! That's very inventive and well done for putting in the hard work. I'd be tempted to photo the hutches and then put a bit in the paper about removing horrible hutches from the streets of letchworth :lol:

:lol: that's brilliant! But I think you should notify the RSPCA of his activities again - I'm sure his rabbits must be in dreadful conditions and they may have even banned him from breeding or something, so I would send them a copy of that email :?

That's a good idea. Even if he's not breeding right now, he intends too and if he's determined enough he will get hutches from somewhere.

I cannot sit back and do nothing. This man gave away Arthur and his sister as live bait! He is not a nice person.

He isn't breeding them at the moment. I called the RSPCA and they obviously can't do anything until his numbers are up again. They did say that he must have got another female to breed from as they took his other one away.

There are no way his intentions are good. He will breed poor rabbits in awful conditions. Even if he still goes ahead and breeds at least I will make his life harder. I am not taking any hutches over 5ft as I can't fit them in the car so that option is open to him but he will struggle to get them.

I am not saying he won't breed again but I hope that my actions will make life harder for him.

And if not there are a few less awfully small hutches out there.

well done Kay.. Not sure if it's the same person but there is a woman (or could be a man saying it's a woman) advertising for free cages. really annoys me as she/he says that they need hutches, indoor cages for the babies when it's cold outside, water bottles, toys, bowls and basically anything you have got. Must be free and you have to deliver as they have no car.

She admits they breed and on income support so can't afford to buy anything.

BLOODY CHEEK.

Back