• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Looking to adopt a new bunny

Jazzy B Bunny

Wise Old Thumper
As the title says.. I'm looking to adopt a new bunny to eventully be bonded to my two. ( I have a spare hutch ) both neuterd and vaccinated boys. I have emailed a rescue centre local to me explaining my set up etc , but was wondering if there is any needy buns not too far from me that I could arrange a bunny run for.

Is Jazz all better now then? If not, it might be better to wait until he is?? I'm not being funny, I just know that I couldn't cope with another bun's vet bills when Evo gets poorly so often.

Theres nothing they can do for him now he has multiple abcess's I was told just to bring him back for onthly checkups as he is fine in himself..still eating and not lost any weight. The vet said if it comes to it she can ' lance them I think thats the term she used which means leaving them as open wounds. She doesnt want to put him through another GA as she feels it would be too stressful for him and more dangerous than the abcess's, Iv basicly got to monitor his condition and take him back every month for check ups unless his abcess's get huge but they are not attached to his jaw and his teeth are perfect. Iv been told that his life will be shortend but the vet is unsure by how long.. Iv spoke to a few people and they have said the best thing to do was to adopt another bunny (which I can afford) to bond with them so when Jazz is gone Gizmo will still have a friend as hes never been alone.

Oh dear poor Jazz, does he have jaw abcesses?

Sorry just read your post above.......I would leave them as they are for however long Jazz is here hun as if they fall out with a 3rd bunny one bun will have to be alone then anyway :)

Are you wanting another bunny to bond with your 2 then? I woudl not really recommend it as if you have a girl this could cause your 2 boys to compete for her attention - sorry to put a downer on things :)

I was going to get another boy. If it didnt work out I have space for the other one aswell.

Jazz doesnt have a jaw abcess no, they are just attached to his skin :(

Awww bless him thats such ashame for him but its good they arent in the bone :)

3 boys wow you are brave hun :shock:

Has anyone else ever bonded 3 boys? I'm sure my two will love another friend obviously I will take things slowly.

We attempted to bond my two sibling boys with another male (their father) but it all went pear-shaped at 8 days in. It was also probably responsible for breaking my two's bond (must have changed the hierarchy or something), as afterwards they started to fight each other for the first time and it just escalated. I now have one of the brothers with a new female partner and the other is temporarily back at the rescue being bonded (I will have him back once he has a new partner too). So...I suppose this is a tale of what can go wrong. On the flip side it does work for other people, the rescue owner (who is very experienced) was happy to give it a go and I'm sure it depends on the temperament of the two you have (if they are both submissive or the new bun is submissive perhaps things could be fine?). I don't know nearly enough to advise you, hopefully someone else will jump in. The good thing from my experience is I will soon have 4 buns :D Claire

From what iv seen my 2 are not agressive in any way and it only took 3 days to bond them with no fighting so maybe iv got lucky?

Went to the rescue and was told they cant rehome to me as I have other rabbits it the garden wtf :? aparently if my other 2 can smell the new one they will kill eachother...so how do the rest of you with multiple buns manage? They obviously dont want to rehome any bunnies!

I think it is particularly difficult to bond 3 males successfully altogether without any agression and fights. I would suggest that you didn't introduce another bunny to the other two, as Jazzy is still poorly and an onset of added stress from bonding may do his illness no favours. I would leave them as they are, Gizmo can look after Jazzy through his illness without another bunny getting into the mix :)

Yeah I know but I wasnt going to attempt to bond them until he was better. They were really shocked when I said I had 2 bonded boys of diffrent age and breed.

I think usually most boys that are bonded are brothers. It is very difficult to bond two boys from different breeds at different ages which is why they were probably shocked, so you have done very well :)

I still probably wouldn't get another one for the time being, you don't know how much Jazzy is going to cost yet (Molly has cost me £1,280 in a year :shock:) but if you really want to you will have to look around for rescues that would be willing to let you have another boy. :)

Back