• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Teeniest Poos Ever?

The Duchess

Wise Old Thumper
I'm not surprised by the size of the poos that our new rescue lady is producing. Just goes to show what a terrible diet with practically no hay does to a bunny. She's not interested in hay at all as yet, but I'm trying to coax her with some Readigrass sprinkled in the hay box. No wonder she had such a runny bottom. She can't have been having any fibre at all.......:evil:

Check out below. On the left are some average poos from one of my other bunnies; not that large to be honest but shows how teeny Poppet's are. Hopefully in a few days we'll see them grow a bit more.

TeenyPoos.jpg

:lol:glad i'm not the only one that has taken piccies of my bunnies poos :oops::lol: Look forward to seeing them grow

I noticed my rabbits poops became small and dark when I ran out of my usual hay and had to substitute it with rubbish Tesco hay for two days.... was worried my bunnies would be constipated before long - glad to say good hay has now arrived :D

Just shows you how important it is to feed a good quality hay.

ohhh photos of poos not thought of that one..... *grabs camera*

even when alvin had a slow down his poos never got that small im sure iof it :shock:

Aww bless ... tiny poops are like little seedlings and hopefully will grow into big hay filled ones after proper care :shock: :lol: :)

Thing is I even go so far as to bag up poo to take to the vets too. I like to be able to see how things improve. I have a whole gallery of pictures. Wanna see???????????:D

How sad am I/you lot.

Thing is I even go so far as to bag up poo to take to the vets too. I like to be able to see how things improve. I have a whole gallery of pictures. Wanna see???????????:D

How sad am I/you lot.

im gonna start my own gallery... hehe just took one of pearl perfect poop.. :oops::oops::oops::oops:

When I adopted my girls 2 and a half yrs ago their poops were literally the size of apple pips :shock: You should see them now - looks more like a flock of sheep have been on my patio :roll: :lol:

When I adopted my girls 2 and a half yrs ago their poops were literally the size of apple pips :shock: You should see them now - looks more like a flock of sheep have been on my patio :roll: :lol:

That'll do for me - the flock of sheep....

I will have a word in her earhole and tell her that is what is required!

Misty's poops go a bit like this now and again, I just make sure she has plenty of hay and water and they eventually get back to normal :wave:

i give bif a tube of protexin fibreplex as soon as her poops go like this as she gets stasis easily. This with her timmyhay usually gets her gut mobile again and increases both size and quantity of poos.

id say do the fibreplex thing too as well as hay..its best to err on side of caution.

i give bif a tube of protexin fibreplex as soon as her poops go like this as she gets stasis easily. This with her timmyhay usually gets her gut mobile again and increases both size and quantity of poos.

id say do the fibreplex thing too as well as hay..its best to err on side of caution.

Thank you.

I'll give that a go as she still isn't eating much of anything at present, although she must be secretly as she is still producing poos.

I'll keep you posted.:D

Mo doesn't eat hay and his poos can get this tiny. I noticed a huge difference when I switched him onto Oxbow Timothy pellets. His poos are still small but are plumper and look much healthier...I've tried to get him to eat hay but he won't.

Mo doesn't eat hay and his poos can get this tiny. I noticed a huge difference when I switched him onto Oxbow Timothy pellets. His poos are still small but are plumper and look much healthier...I've tried to get him to eat hay but he won't.

This little bunny wasn't really offered hay at her last home. She was fed on Excel and (having just spoken to her ex-mum) broccoli, carrot and greens. This combination would surely indicate why she was caked in poo when we got her on Saturday.

She has eaten grass, but I haven't seen her too interested in hay yet. Our hay is eaten with gusto by our other buns so I am sure that she will come around. I may try her on some Oxbow if I don't get anywhere in the next day or too. At least she is eating, so I am not unduly concerned. Our boy Monkfish took a good few weeks to eat any hay when we first got him (another Freecycle bun). His previous owner kept him indoors with a chinchilla and fed him toast and lettuce. He is now the biggest hay monster imaginable (with the biggest poos ever!)

I'll keep going with the Readigrass but might just go out and get some Oxbow today and try a little mixed in.

Helen

Back