• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Milo and Tilly THEY ARE OFFICIALLY A COUPLE NOW PHOTOS

maisydaisystar

Alpha Buck
Hi all, sorry I haven't put up photos before, but after the loss of one of my dogs last week, I hadn't felt like taking any.

Milo and Tilly had their 5th meeting today, up till today they have had short meetings, which went very well, all the signs were good,Milo doing lots of mounting, and fur pulling and Tilly being very submissive.
Today they had approx an hour and a half together, and to begin with ignored eachother, then they got down to grooming eachother YIPEE, It went really well, and Milo didn't try and mount her till after about an hour and a half, I did want to leave them together longer but had dinner to cook, and didn't want Tilly getting fed up with him, if I wasn't there to supervise.
I have photos for you to see.
I am hoping tomorrow I can move Milo in with Tilly, Do you think they are ready ?

IMG228-1.jpg

IMG237.jpg

IMG231-1.jpg

IMG227-1.jpg

IMG213-1.jpg

IMG210-1.jpg

IMG234.jpg

OOps funny rabbit, This is Willis my little Yorkie
IMG180-1.jpg

Last edited:
I have been bonding for far to long, I was mentally adding sound effects to the pictures.

Milo is so gorgeous :love: and I like the giant teddy Willis is perched on...Poppy is scared of my huge stuffed bunny!

BJ says hello to Milo :wave::wave:

They are lovely pictures, I think you have cracked it!

With best wishes for a long and happy marriage!

Vanessa xx

Milo says hi back to BJ xxxxxxx

I'm hoping all is well tomorrow so I can scrub out Tilly's hutch to make it neutral, and put them together XX fingers crossed
I think it's love

Last edited:
can things still go wrong even though all the signs are good????? Should I leave them apart for a few more days, and just let them have play time??????

i've only bonded once and it was a fairly easy bond by all accounts - so wouldn't like to say as i'm not sure.

sorry for your loss though :(

I admit I am not a bonding expert, but I would feel that if there is no agression and they are comfortable together, I would want to leave them together.

I did this with Rosie and BJ, although I did wobble as BJ wanted to constantly hump and Rosie was doubly terrified from being in a pen in the kitchen. I am glad I didn't separate them and they have been together since with (touch wood) no agression at all. They are happy to share the same food bowl and it gives me such pleasure that they appear to be happily settled.

It was easier for me tho as the pair moved into a brand new hutch. Are you able to get them settled in the run and then allow them access into Tilly's hutch? I did this with Herbie and the girls, I had them in the kitchen all day, then into 'his' run and as this was not a problem then into 'his' conservatory. I would suggest that you try and get them together at a time when you are around all day and leave them as long as possible before introducing the hutch.

BJ, now the novelty of humping to no effect has worn off, seems an easy to please, non-threatening type of soul as far as Rosie goes and if Milo is anything like BJ then I am sure he will not cause any problems. BJ's only 'problem' is choosing to wee in the only corner of the hutch I can't fit a litter tray into :(:(:(

Good luck. From the pictures I am sure they will be fine together, keep us posted,
Vanessa xx

hi,
Just letting you know they are together in Tilly's hutch, got up really early, and put them in the neutral area, they were absolutly fine, so after a couple of hours moved them to Tilly's run, (great minds think alike Vanessa)while I cleaned and scrubbed out the hutch, they were fine there too, after a couple of hours, I introduced the ramp to the hutch, and they are doin great.
Milo is still humping Tilly, but I am happy to leave them to it, she is just running away when shes had enough. Phew I am sooooo glad.

I just have to work on his litter training, as he goes to the toilet in his bed, Tilly is really clean, so she won't be too pleased LOL, Will need to put litter trays in the bedroom i think.

Aw, am so pleased for them and for you! :D:D:D:D:D Congratulations!

I have just been to clean out BJ and Rosie but they are snuggled together :love: so have left them be.

Lots of love and hugs to you all,
Vanessa xx

Back