• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

the cardboard guy

suzy_d

Alpha Buck
Has anyone brought anyting from the cardboard guy before? I didn't know if it was a lot of money for a fancy box?

Does anyone have any piccies? Are they worth it?

Trying to find something to entertain my two, yellow pages are so last week... :roll:

Cardboard guy? whats that? Are your buns indoor?

I have a big flower pot full of peat and I sprinkle pellets in the pot and mix it back up. It keeps Arthur amused for hours finding the pellets :lol:

I think a few people have...if you go on the gallery on the cardboard guy website Evo is there :love: who belongs to Rallybunny.
I am very tempted but I think I might save my pennies for a room with a view for when we get a house as that is made of wood so it'll last longer. Although in a rare rabbit friendly moment the o/h did offer to go halves on a cardboard guy house...untill he realise it was over 20 quid! I do think its expencive but all the buns I've seen picks of seem to enjoy them...ooops, long post!

I have a cardboard guy castle for Bella and Tarquin. I did think it was quite expensive and thought it might be demolished in days, but it's still standing and very sturdy and they're still having great fun in it. Both are very destructive with it and there's been a lot of ripping and tearing, but they can still go in all three levels. I got it last September, so it's lasted nearly eight months so far and no sign of it collapsing.

Tarquin:

z---Castle.jpg

Tarquin---4.jpg

Bella's ears popping out of the top:

Z-Bella-in-her-Castle.jpg

I think they're great but not sure I'll get another - I'm going to get one of the Little Tikes playthings instead that Elve got for her bunnies :D

Hummm no they are outdoor but they love cardboard boxes in their run to play on a hide under when its a nice day (obviously they will be demolished in the rain) Iv looked at the gallery and they look fab! But quite pricey also :shock: over £20 for some of them! Not sure whether I should stick to home made boxes.....

Thanks for that idea Kay il give it a go... although my mother isn't too impressed with the mess they have left in the garden! Ah well... :rolleyes:

heres the link if you wanted to know http://www.cardboardguy.co.uk/

I think they're great but not sure I'll get another - I'm going to get one of the Little Tikes playthings instead that Elve got for her bunnies :D

ahh they look like they are having a fab time! whats the Little Tike things?

I have bought both the hideout (biggest) and the lookout.

The hideout has been worth every penny. It has been slept in, played in and chewed - almost - to bits. I will certainly buy another when the top floor gives way.

The buns were a lot less keen on the lookout and the design of it means the bottom floor of the tower is not flat, so is a bit uncomfy for bunny bottoms to snooze on :lol:

Hope this helps,
Vanessa xx

The hideout has been worth every penny. It has been slept in, played in and chewed - almost - to bits. I will certainly buy another when the top floor gives way.

Hope this helps,
Vanessa xx

How high is the hideout? x

Um it does get a little messy but I have mine on the patio so I just sweep it up and put it back in the pot.

Here he is in the pot :lol: (with a little wet head from the rain)
Picture100.jpg
[/IMG]

The buns were a lot less keen on the lookout and the design of it means the bottom floor of the tower is not flat, so is a bit uncomfy for bunny bottoms to snooze on :lol:

Hope this helps,
Vanessa xx

I also think mine has been worth every penny - if it had been destroyed in a month I'd have felt a bit cheated, but two destructive rabbits have had a whale of a time in it and on it, and the cat loves sleeping in it.

I know what you mean about the bottom of the tower - the cat had no trouble sleeping there, but Bella and T mainly go in the middle bit. Though having said that I think they've ripped up most of the floor on the bottom. T hasn't yet got in the tower as he's so tiny, but Bell loves it up there. I think they're great but I do keep falling over it (it's in my bedroom :oops:) :shock: But they enjoy it so who cares if I end up falling over and bruising myself on the corner of the bed regularly :lol: :lol: :lol:

How high is the hideout? x

Ours - the largest - is about 26" high.

I can also recommend thecardboardguy on customer service. Our tower got lost in the postal strike last year and he sent another out without delay.

Vanessa xx

Last edited:
I keep looking at these, and had decided I couldn't justify spending that amount of money on a cardboard box! So I decided to make my own, after all how hard can that be?!!

They have no intention of going anywhere near it!!! They have not played or chewed, or anything!! I think I'm going to reconsider!:p

I don't have one but know loads of people who have these great houses. Here's one of my friends buns having some fun...

CherryPietheAthlete.jpg

I don't have one but know loads of people who have these great houses. Here's one of my friends buns having some fun...

CherryPietheAthlete.jpg

Wow what a brilliant picture! I spose it would be worth it if they were having that much fun! I'm just a bit concerned that it wouldn't last that long if it was outside, my two can pretty much rip, shred and eat the yellow pages in a day.

hummm x

I had a house from cardboard guy and my o/h and I thought it was fabulous. Sadly, my bunny didn't agree and just ignored it! For some reason he was never interested in anything that was designed for bunnies and preferred human things such as Ikea coffee tables! If your bun loves cardboard and boxes this will be a complete success though. I was really impressed with the design and it was really quite sturdy so would say it was good value for money if your bunny approves :)

Yeah I've got one. Honey sleeps in it all night and has great fun destroying it. I have had it for a couple of months and it is still surviving.

Back