• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Poor Piper

Pipstrel

Mama Doe
First she's got a very slight respiratory infection which she is on Baytril for and now I've found that she has ever so slightly pink hocks and no hair :cry: Am gettin her some vet bed to lie on as unfortunately due to us redoing the garden they are lying on earth at the moment rather than grass. Could I put Sudocrem on them for her or is there something better to use?

She is at the vets tomorrow for a check up so will ask the vet to look at them for me and advise.

My poor little girly. Can't wait for the fence and playhouse to be in so I can sort their nice new home out for them.

Helen x

Sorry to hear your bunny is poorly. I would be interested in you book list. My daughter and I have a couple of books but we are keen for more info
sarah

Sudocrem will be fine Helen....apply it twice per day. Its not unusual though for rabbits to have a bald spot on the ball of the hock, its when its swollen, cracked or bleeding that is a cause for concern.

Sudocrem will be fine Helen....apply it twice per day. Its not unusual though for rabbits to have a bald spot on the ball of the hock, its when its swollen, cracked or bleeding that is a cause for concern.

Phew thats ok then!! Its just a little pink and I thought it should be covered in hair. I'll keep an eye on it and put some cream on

Aaaaaaaw poor Piper, hopefully the sudacrem and vet bed will make life easier for her till her new posh home arrives:) Give her a cuddle from me.

Back