• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bonding nightmares.....other rescues ..

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
Tracey has tried bonding Scrumpy with his intended today...but things have gone dreadfully wrong....:?:(

All looked well at first...sharing veg side by side...then Angel wanted grooming and scrumpy wanted to hump and a fight broke out .

poor Angel now has a wound that needs stitches . They were only together a few mins and the fight was less than 30 seconds before Tracey split them up :? :?

Tracey is very disheartened .... and not sure if she wants the responsibility of someone elses bun getting injured any more ....If we dont offer a bonding service we will lose out on adoptions ...but !!??

how on earth do you other rescues cope with the stress of bonding :?

I've been lucky so far..and even today introduced a previously fiesty girl to a male and she is completely smitten..totally in love...

It is very worrying when it is someone else's bun...hope the wounds heal quickly

Im sorry to hear this :( Ive also been lucky doing bondings here for Underhill. Most of the foster bunny/bunnies I have are bonded here with their new partner/partners. It is a worry whenever we attempt a bonding. I do hope bunny gets better soon. Sending hugs to Tracey. xx

I get really stressed and worried the "other" bun might get hurt but I do explain to the owners that there is the possibility it might not work out and they might get scratched or bitten and try and make sure they understand before hand so it's not so bad handing them back with scabs. :shock:

We have had a few nips but nothing very serious here, the worst was a bitten willy :oops::oops:

That however scared the :censored: out of me because it was the other bunny, hence the reason I have disclaimer forms :?

One of our rabbits did need stitches after arriving in her new home when the other bunny turned on her.

TBH though I find it one of the most stressful parts of rescueing, I worry days in advance about it.

Which reminds me, I have a trio to do soon :shock::shock::shock:

Totally agree with it being a big responsibility. I accept that you have to take risks ... and also realise that if I didnt do it less rabbits would be rehomed and more injuries would occur when inexperienced people would try putting rabbits together.

nerve wracking :shock: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Angel has gone in to be stitched this morning bless her ...Scrumpy is back in his batchaler pad :(

I will ring Tracy later to see how Angel is.Poor Angel and poor Scrumpy:cry:I know Angel is in safe hands though.
I wouldn,t dare try bonding myself and it must be nerve racking for rescues.
Looks like i won,t be giving a loving home to Scrumpy after all:cry::cry:
Wonder if Angel will be scared of all bunnies now after her experience:cry:

If its any consolation the bunny with the bitten willy tried to carry on humping afterwards :shock: the reason he was bitten in the first place.

He was eventually bonded with one of Julia123's foster bunnies....but I forget which one.

I will ring Tracy later to see how Angel is.Poor Angel and poor Scrumpy:cry:I know Angel is in safe hands though.
I wouldn,t dare try bonding myself and it must be nerve racking for rescues.
Looks like i won,t be giving a loving home to Scrumpy after all:cry::cry:
Wonder if Angel will be scared of all bunnies now after her experience:cry:

i dont think it was enough to put Angel off for good ...
not the worst fight Traceys seen ...just bad luck she got caught like she did .

by the way ...Angel is beautiful :D

Awww Thank You.
She is a little cutey pie:D

Is Angel the English Spot?:love:

I think that's the worst bit re bonding too - the potential damage to other people's buns:shock: I have to do it with wine & a bucket of water:D

Is Angel the English Spot?:love:

I think that's the worst bit re bonding too - the potential damage to other people's buns:shock: I have to do it with wine & a bucket of water:D

She is yes:D
Little Joe that you very kindly bonded for me died suddenly a few weeks back:cry::cry:

I was happy to sign Sooz disclaimer form, I couldnt have done the bonding(I've been a wus since they got home:oops:we've had a few newlywed settling in problems)
Until you put them together you can't know what they're like especially if you have no history
Reading the threads and seeing your set ups shows you know what your'e doing

Don't give up Tracy the buns need you:D

I get really stressed and worried the "other" bun might get hurt but I do explain to the owners that there is the possibility it might not work out and they might get scratched or bitten and try and make sure they understand before hand so it's not so bad handing them back with scabs. :shock:

:shock: Well, I NEVER knew rescues did this as a service. I knew Little Ted went off recently to see if he "fancied" any-bun but I thought that more a favour rather than a service rescues did per-say.:shock:

I think it a wonderful thing to do for a potential owner and am sure the owners know that it "may not work out" if it is explained as chloaster outlines. I am sure that it is a big responsibility but personally, if it were me, I would rather a rescue with more bun-savvy people try the bond than me alone with my bathtub!!:shock: I will put it this way: IF a bun ends up with "war wounds" while trying a bond in a rescue, the probability is that they would be MUCH worse if the bond had been left to somebody less knowledgeable.;)

"Hats off" indeed and please don't lose heart - you lot are doing a WONDERFUL job.

TP:)

Don't get disheartened Tracey and Angie, look how Muffin was with Gem at first and then him and Molly took to each other reasonably well and quickly(yes Angie65 that glass of wine;):lol:). You all do a great job and alot of us on here and elsewhere would not have our happy pairs etc if it wasn't for how you bond for us. It's like humans - some you get on with, others you dont, but it doesn't mean you never will with someone new.

i really feel for you guys doing teh bonding. i knwo i bonded sam and domino myself, but i cant deny being petrified, and tahts when it wa smy own rabbits. i just ke[pt reminding msyelf tho how happy they'd be later in life,a nd true to the word, they are :)

please dont give up tracey, you have had many sucesses!and sorry to hear about angel becca, if ist anything to go off any of my animals which have been wounded during bonding have never been put off a future spouse as a result.

Back