• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Update on Dusty

SarahP

Wise Old Thumper
It has been 6 days since I lost Clover :)cry:), and Dusty is gradually coming out of her shell. She has a soft toy bunny, although she isn't all that interested in her! She has been exploring the house a lot more (looking for company I think - she's more interested in me and my OH than previously). She is also playing a lot more than she used to with Clover around - she likes throwing things, and lets me and the OH play the game with her.

Unfortunately, her tummy is just as bad as it was when Clover was around, and she is on the decline herself, with the same condition as Clover. :( I am having to rub her tummy several times a day (seems to help a bit), she's on regular meds and also having mint tea (I find it helps). It hurts so much to think that she probably won't be around for much longer, but I need to face up to it. :cry:

Thanks. I feel like I'm getting so close to her now she's a lone bunny. I dread having to go through all that stuff at the vets again, and really hope it won't be too soon. :(

Fingers crossed it won't be soon. Perhaps she is feeling a little highly strung due to the loss of Clover. She is so lucky to have you to rub her belly and play with her :) I hope she starts to improve x

I'm so sorry hon, how heartbreaking :cry: I'm sure Dusty knows what a fab bunny mum she has though :) xxx

Oh Sarah, I'm so sorry Dusty is struggling :cry: It must be so hard for you, knowing that the outlook for her isn't great. What a lot of heartache for you :(

It's good that she is coming out of her shell a little and playing with you though. And lucky Dusty to have such a dedicated bunny mum to rub her tummy :)

Poor Dusty. I have been to the vets today with my sisters bunny also Dusty with her burst absess they have cleaned it all out and put her on antibiotics so fingers crossed but realistically we could be facing losing her too. My thoughts are with you.:cry:

Poor Dusty. I have been to the vets today with my sisters bunny also Dusty with her burst absess they have cleaned it all out and put her on antibiotics so fingers crossed but realistically we could be facing losing her too. My thoughts are with you.:cry:

It's so strange what has happened with our Clovers and Dustys, isn't it? Really hope your sister's Dusty improves. x

Back