• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

poor thelma think im going to lose her/update

bunnyrun

Mama Doe
Thelma is a british giant who was kept in a shed for 3 and a half years she was never given proper exercise so her back legs keep giving way :cry::cry:
This afternoon when i let them out louise came out as normal but thelma just stayed in her hutch i gave her some time to coax her out and things have taken a turn for the worse :cry::cry: it seems her back legs have given way almost completely she is dragging them now i have the vets at 5.10 i feel today is going to be our last :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Things are really not going well at the moment :cry::cry:

Last edited:
Poor, beautiful Thelma.:cry: :cry: :cry: I had hoped SO much that she was on the road to recovery. :cry: :cry: Good luck at the vet. HUGE cuddles and noserubs to Thelma.:cry:

Oh bless her I do hope she will be o.k. Whoever kept her in that shed - well I cant print here what I'd like to do to them:censored:

:( i am sooo sorry to hear this..and i hope some good news is due...for you and thelma....

sadly i know of buns who had crumbled spines as they were imprisoned in homemade wooden boxes too small for pigies even....the sad thingwas these buns never got vaccinated either and all of them still lived longer than any of my previous buns......
least my buns were happy and able to kick up their heels..those poor buns..well the vhd that swept them away did them all a favour:evil:

bunnies get such a rough deal....weny hutches cramped living conditions..and i get told having house rabbits isnt natrual..they should be outside..well i rpely i can oy see to them like i should if theyre indoors so there!
lots of buns are housed outside properly but not enough compared to the other prisoners we all see:(
education is only part of it..people who dont care much about pets just have them for the kids:roll: they wouldnt anyway:censored::censored:

poor thelma, think im going to lose her/update

Thelma is being given pain relief 22 drops of metacam daily:shock: to see if this makes a difference she is going back to the vets next week
The good news is that providing she,s going to be ok she,s going to be permanently fostered by a forum member ;);) not telling you who just yet, you,ll have to guess, she,ll be kept indoors and have 1 2 1 attention which hopefully will help her recovery :D:D will keep you updated on how she gets on :D

Thelma is being given pain relief 22 drops of metacam daily:shock: to see if this makes a difference she is going back to the vets next week
The good news is that providing she,s going to be ok she,s going to be permanently fostered by a forum member ;);) not telling you who just yet, you,ll have to guess, she,ll be kept indoors and have 1 2 1 attention which hopefully will help her recovery :D:D will keep you updated on how she gets on :D

Could this be Jane :D by any chance?

My large rabbit Bluebell (4 kilos ish) who started to have a disinclination to hop or run and was loosing leg muscle because of back pain etc has now gad two sessions of accupuncture and has started to binky!!!! Is the adopter someone who could find a vet to do this??

Back