• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cost diff between 2 and 3 buns?

Pipstrel

Mama Doe
I would really really really like another bun, especially now the playhouse is actually ordered!

Mine are insured so obviously there would be that additional cost plus vaccinations, but with everything else is the cost increase actually that huge?

I'd really like a lop, one that is possibly harder to rehome (cream on RR has been there for a while and he is stunning and very very cute).

Do you think a 5ftx3ft playhouse with one and a half extra floors, a 6ftx3ft run adn free range access as much as possible is enough for 3 buns (a dutch, a slightly smaller than dutch and a lop)?

Helen x

I think that size of accommdation is fine. I don't think there is that much of a difference in cost of feeding and what not between 2 and 3 buns. Only veterinary stuff will cost more.

I don't think you'll notice a huge increase in costs. Some stuff will be cheaper if you buy in bulk.

I have 8 rabbits, and the only big increase (apart from vets fees) has been the cost of veggies....at least £40 per month...but you can keep costs down by buying cheaper varieties of veg.

if your pet insurance is covered, then there is no really costs. Because hay is $5 per bale, that covers 65 pounds, and water is virtually free. So just the price of a bit more pellet per yr.

Plus if I get this job I'm going for at the moment then I'll get discounts on vet fees and hopefully vaccinations too. Can you tell i'm trying to think of arguments for a 3rd bun to get Sean to agree!

Biggest increase would be vaccinations and veggies. Although if they didn't bond then there would be the cost of new accomodation.

Biggest increase would be vaccinations and veggies. Although if they didn't bond then there would be the cost of new accomodation.

I couldn't have one seperate so I could only take a bun on if he would bond with P and M.

They get sainsburys organic veg at the mo so might need to find our veggies elsewhere!

Back