• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Willow twigs for chewing

Rallybunny

Warren Veteran
Hubby and I went to a garden centre last week, which has a massive pet section with loads of bunny treats. Hubby picked out some willow sticks for Evo, which he really seems to be getting stuck into. I was just wondering if they will do anything for wearing down his back teeth, or are they more for the front teeth?

I don't know I'm afraid.

I GUESS it would do some good as they will chew it at the back. If they are thin enough Barney chomps through the stick too so I guess that would help.

My vet said that pellets help because they roll around the mouth.

I think it depends how your bun chews. marsha literally chews thnsg to oblivion so i think she does use her back teeth.

pellets and hay work on those too.

I hold one end, whilst Berts chomps through them. because it's held firm, he does get stuck in, back teeth as well. If I don't hold them, it's more like gnawing on the front teeth.

Back