• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Squirrels

minirex

Mama Doe
:wave: A grey squirrel has been popping in and out of my garden quite a bit recently. I've also noticed it sitting on top of the rabbit run and sometimes the hutch. Can my bunnies catch any thing from the squirrel? Munchie has been scratching quite a bit. I've got 2 cats that I regularly treat for fleas so don't think he has got something from them. I haven't noticed my other buns scratching.:? I got some flea drops for Munchie yesterday but not sure if they were the right ones, said they are for small pets but I know some don't really work. I put it on him but he then spent ages trying to wash it off. He is still scratching today, but not as bad.

Advice please:)

I have squirrels in my garden, infact I had babies in there last year all bouncing about! I don't know of any diseases they could get really and as far as I know fleas are particular to the animal they belong on so you should be ok. :)

I have squirrels in my garden, infact I had babies in there last year all bouncing about! I don't know of any diseases they could get really and as far as I know fleas are particular to the animal they belong on so you should be ok. :)

:wave: Thanks for that. I enjoy watching the cheeky squirrels so didn't want to chase them away but I was worried about my babies catching something.

My grandmother would not agree with this. She had her legs full of cat fleas one day. And my boyfriend had a flea that looked very much like a squirrel flea. I guess they jump onto anything warm blooded if desperate. :lol:
Not sure if squirrels can pass on anything else.

Back