• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

pets at home sawdust...

Stevie b

Warren Scout
Hi peeps,

does anyone have any idea what wood pets@home sawdust is made from? Have checked the packaging and there is no indication ANYWHERE on it of what wood it's made of. This is concerning me! I have stopped using it since learning of the risks of wood chippings on here, but now my partner is moaning about the smell of bunny wee (which, incidently, i can't smell...)
Any ideas for an absorbant cheap litter tray lining? Have been using newspaper and hay for now...:):):)

:wave: I use carefresh or magazorb in my litter trays :) You can get a huge sack of megazorb for about £7. The tray shouldnt smell with either of these litters as long as its cleaned out regularly x

I use the woodshavings from P@H, no idea which wood it's from though, sorry. I also use Megazorb in the litter trays, it's brilliant stuff and cheaper than the woodshavings. It comes in giant bags so you could use it over the hutch/cage floor too. Claire

I use Carefresh which gets rid of all smells. Its brilliant stuff. I only use a thin layer and then put hay on top. Works really well and doesn't smell at all :D

Megazorb!!!!

It's brilliant and so very absorbent. It is kiln dried wood pulp so it's low dust and super absorbent. You don't need much and it 'vacuums' up the wee and the smell. It's meant to be horse bedding so it comes in very large bags which cost around £5. (I pay £5.35). This means that it works out so cheap. BUT the best thing is that it's so very safe for bunnies.

i tried magazorb and could not get on with it found it made quite a hard surface to walk on compared to shvings

I get our shavings from our horse yard, £3.50 for a big 5 foot bag,
the yard owner buys his own wood in and makes the shavings himself, really soft, ours love it!!

Ecopetbed is good ... if you can get it. I use newspaper, a thin layer of straw and a thick layer of hay. I put fresh hay in every day and clean out every 3rd day .... can't say I've ever noticed an aroma, unless someone has a bad bum.

Back