• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what is the smallest breed of rabbit

I always thought polish were a smaller hare and had a longer frame than nethies...

x

According to the Norwegian standard nethies and polishes can be about the same size...
The ideal weight (In Scandinavia, I don't know the UK standards) for polishes is: 0,71 - 1,30 kgs
while for nethies it's: 0,81 - 1,30 kg. So a small nethie is likely to be bigger than a small polish, though the difference is very little.

Also they are not hares, they just look like them, like the belgian hare they are really rabbits;)
Fun fact:
The Norwegian name for the breed is actually dwarf-hare:lol:

They pretty much look like netherland dwarves (they either descend from nethies or nethies descend from them...I'm not quite sure) except with a bit more "hare-like" stance (slimer etc)

They are very jumpy and very fast and need someone with experiance to handle them! They can be quite nippy and do not make good pets. I have yet to handle one though as they scare me a bit at shows, would rather have someone experianced teach me to handle one :? they are lovely looking though

nor me, but if they are small belgiun hares, id love to meet one :D

JUST DONT TOUCH IT :lol::lol: thier all to well known for thier BITTING abilitys.
you have to be careful when handerling them aswell because thier so fragile with mishandling which is very easy to do with this breed because they are like holding a bar of soap, you can sqaush thier kidneys!!!!!!!!!

Back