• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Thermal or not thermal?

MelanieO

Young Bun
I am looking into buyin a hutch cover off a company who make them to fit your hutch.
I can have it with a thermal layer or just a rain cover. I was going for a thermal cover but this is obviously more ££ and I dont know if it is really needed?
Anyone got hutch covers or bought off a company on ebay which makes them?
xx

It depends what you want it for really; thermal wont be much use during summer cos it'll probably make the hutch/run too hot; whereas a rain cover would be good all year round.

I would just get the rain cover, personally.

You can always get some kind of insulation which can just be put under the rain cover seperately in the winter if need be.

The first year I had my duo I was really worried about winter coming so I covered the sides and roof with bubblewrap under the rain cover, but that amount of insulation prevented the wood from breathing and the hutch started to develop mouldy areas in the top corners. You could just put a layer of something(old cardboard, carpet or something) under the cover during the winter, but if your hutch is water and wind proof and you given enough hay and/or straw for the bedding it should be fine and cosy. If there are two rabbits in there they act as hotwater bottles for each other as well!:lol:

Back