• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do you think this is? Urgent

angeleyes

Warren Veteran
luluback.jpg

Sorry not that good a photo, Lulu has this mark on her back its quite big and it looks a bit like a bruise would on a human, do bunnies bruise?
Its def not baytril burn as she has baytril burn over to the side away from this wound.
She is due to be bonded tonight and go to her new home but i am not sure ifshe should go with that on her back as i don't know what it is, what do you think? What should i do?

A bruise is a pool, or collection, of blood beneath the skin. It shows that small veins/capillaries have been broken - I imagine most animals can bruise.

Has she maybe caught herself on something?

Hi Katie

Cant quite make out where on her back it is :?
It could well be Baytril burn, but the scab may have come off :?
Has she had a VHD vacination? That too can sometimes cause the skin to blister.

Janex

Hi Katie

Cant quite make out where on her back it is :?
It could well be Baytril burn, but the scab may have come off :?
Has she had a VHD vacination? That too can sometimes cause the skin to blister.

Janex

Thanks Jane I was waiting for you to come along :oops:
She had the VHD on Thursday, its on her back near the top near her neck, she has baytril burn slightly down below this wound which has scabed over.
This one is more like a lump could be a blister and its kind of light brown bruised colour with a bit of red around the edge.
I will also show Janice tonight when i take her to be bonded, just a bit worried for her

A bruise is a pool, or collection, of blood beneath the skin. It shows that small veins/capillaries have been broken - I imagine most animals can bruise.

Has she maybe caught herself on something?

She could have she has been going under chairs and the table and shes not a small buny so may have squeezed herself through a small gap!

Thanks Jane I was waiting for you to come along :oops:
She had the VHD on Thursday, its on her back near the top near her neck, she has baytril burn slightly down below this wound which has scabed over.
This one is more like a lump could be a blister and its kind of light brown bruised colour with a bit of red around the edge.
I will also show Janice tonight when i take her to be bonded, just a bit worried for her

I bet its from her VHD Vaccination. It should heal up without needing any additional treatment but the new carer will need to check it regularly to make sure it stays clean and dry. Also, if Lulu is to be bonded the other Bun may keep licking the sore area and this *might* impede the bonding process if Lulu does not want the sore area licked.

Janex

Back