• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

This is really annoying me...

Kibbles

Mama Doe
My grandfather's girlfriend apparently used to have rabbits.
She was telling me how she knew someone who had a bunny that needed rehoming. She then told me that boy and girl rabbits dont get along.

Yeahhh...... That's a well-known fact now isn't it?

Then she tells me how guinea pigs and rabbits can live together, but sometimes they dont get along.

Okay then...

Then she tells me that if the male has been neutered, the girl kicks him out.

Mmmhmm; god forbid the girl is neutered too :roll:

I get really annoyed with how people HAVE to give me advice on how to take care of my animals, simply because I'm a 'kid' and I don't know how to take care of anything.
It's especially bad when the advice they give is wrong!!! I really don't mind getting normal advice, but not for people to tell me things as if I don't have a clue about my animals; when they dont have a clue either!!!

:evil:

Print some of the RWA leaflets of the internet and give them to her to read telling her you thought she might be interested seen as she likes rabbits so much ;)

BUT on the wonderful upside, its like my mum is voluntarily moving towards getting another bun :shock: When this lady mentioned the woman who had a female rabbit needing rehoming, my mum said, 'oh yes well if she were closer we'd be able to go see if Starsky were compatible with her!'

Its like Starsky's posessing her :shock:

Print some of the RWA leaflets of the internet and give them to her to read telling her you thought she might be interested seen as she likes rabbits so much ;)

Oh, well she's not really that bothered about them, she's not getting any more or anything :? Plus I dont have a printer :oops:

Maybe she's just trying to find common ground with you and doing it in a bit of an odd way. Just grit your teeth and carry on the conversation and like you say, you may end up with something good!

Back