• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Looks like Bobby is going the same way as Pippa.

Sooz

Wise Old Thumper
As he is now presenting with weightloss, excessive thirst and urination. He has always been a bit on the heavy side (though not obese) but its obvious that he has lost weight over the last few days.

The water bottle seems to be emptying faster so im going to start keeping records of how quickly 500mls is disappearing. The paper in the hutch was soaked today too.

Im 99% sure its Bobby and not Scout but both are going onto 6 weeks of Panacur anyway.

Its odd as I had assumed Pippa's liver failure was down to cancer.

He is quite happy in himself and still as ravenous as ever, he pulled a great 'Panacur' face earlier....having no teeth he couldn't scrape it off his tongue :lol:

Im hopefully he still has quite a bit of time left with us. I will have to see how it goes.

He is quite happy in himself and still as ravenous as ever, he pulled a great 'Panacur' face earlier....having no teeth he couldn't scrape it off his tongue :lol:

Im hopefully he still has quite a bit of time left with us. I will have to see how it goes.

Oh bless him! Sending lots of vibes x

Hi,
I don't know if this is common in rabbits, but the weight loss, thirst and drinking are all typical of diabetes in other species. Its also quite commonly develops in overweight individuals. Just a thought?

Hi,
I don't know if this is common in rabbits, but the weight loss, thirst and drinking are all typical of diabetes in other species. Its also quite commonly develops in overweight individuals. Just a thought?

Its very very rare in rabbits but sadly EC induced liver failure, which presents with the same symptoms, is not.

EC is contagious which explains why Bobby is going the same way as his deceased partner.

Back