• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Stasis U/d 2.39 Off we go again :-(

Becki xX

Warren Veteran
Again, Ive woken up to find Rhia in stasis for the third time this month. Wonder whats going on? :(

Last edited:
hope she's OK soon :( was very windy last night and Maa seems to have not eaten her caecals (found them on the patio) so she wasn't hungry for breakfast till I'd made her run around, poo and given her an aperatif of dandelions and parsley - she's still left some pellets now though :roll: I think their tums get backed up quite a bit if their routine's not adhered to - breakfast was late today as it's Sunday, so I think that's what's done Maa's tum this time - I guess I will have to change my routine :oops: It's hard to guess what causes it sometimes :(

Oh no! Hope Rhia is OK. Has she been Panacured at all? Might be worth either a test for EC or just a course of Panacur anyway.

oh no poor Rhia!

Iv said this many times before but I swear you only have to look at a bunny and they go into stasis :roll:

A quick run around will do her good, tummy rubs etc etc.. you are probably a pro now though :roll:

Sending lots of vibes xxx

Rhia isnt in a good way :( Sarah, She was last panacured when Jen was poorly. Worth doing again do you think? This is definately much more serious than than the previous bouts - Looks like we'll be off to the vet soon I think X

oh no, I think probably a trip to the vets is the best thing. How long did you panacur for?

Vibes for Rhia. Thinking of you too Becki x

I don't suppose you've got any metacam to hand, It helped our Obi last month quite considerably, He became very quiet and stopped eating etc, we encouraged him to run but it was no good. we took him to the vet and he was given a gut stimulant (begining with m) i can find out the name if needed and asked the vet to give him some metacam (pain killer).

We got home and carried on chasing him with bit of hay etc and by the next morning he was much better but he didn't start eating his pellets normally untill about two days later. In my experience when a bunny has a poorly tum the first thing they go off is their pellets and they don't tend to start eating them untill they've fully recovered!

No doubt your doing your best, try some fresh parsley and lots of tummy rubs. if you can get her to the vet i'd recommend it asap, make sure to get some pain relief and get them to give you some to take home.

good luck with everything,

gem

Well, we jumped into the car with her as we really thought she was on her way out. Her eyes were shut, grinding her teeth, just completely out of it. Thought we'd better phone vets & let them know we were on our way - They said they'd see her at 2.30 :shock: So, we brought her back home...and she seems to have miraculously recovered :D Shes running around, eating & poo'ing :shock: We've cancelled the vets as shes there tomorrow anyway for her Myxo with the vet there who we like & who knows her stuff. Im really not sure whats going on here at all, three times so far this month - Anyone have any ideas? :? X

ETA - I cant tell if shes wee'ing up her side or sitting in her wee...If its the first, I guess that does point to EC :?

This sounds crazy.... I don't know what on earth is going on there!. Thank goodness she has recovered. Loads of hugs babe xxx

You will perhaps need to keep an eye on her and see if shes weeing on her side. If not she could just be sitting in it. Molly often sits in his wee once hes just done one and gets wet back legs. Perhaps her routine was disturbed from the clocks maybe?

Discuss your concerns with the vet when you go, glad shes perked up a bit though :D

I know, Im over the moon that shes recovered...but I just wish I knew why it kept happening. I really thought she was dying today :( Shes sat pulling my jeans leg at the mo, and munching apple! Shes just nipped my Dad too :thumb: X

:thumb: ahh good to hear shes being a devil... you can always tell when they are feeling better when they start the nipping of the trouser leg! :roll:

You will perhaps need to keep an eye on her and see if shes weeing on her side. If not she could just be sitting in it. Molly often sits in his wee once hes just done one and gets wet back legs. Perhaps her routine was disturbed from the clocks maybe?

Discuss your concerns with the vet when you go, glad shes perked up a bit though :D

Definately will do, I noticed she had wee all over her tail the other day, but she was fine so I just thought she must've sat in her wee, its all up her side though today - but she could've just laid in it :?

:thumb: ahh good to hear shes being a devil... you can always tell when they are feeling better when they start the nipping of the trouser leg! :roll:

:lol: So true X

Definately will do, I noticed she had wee all over her tail the other day, but she was fine so I just thought she must've sat in her wee, its all up her side though today - but she could've just laid in it :?

:lol: So true X

She may of just had a flop in fresh wee...!! :lol: You will probably need to keep an eye on when she goes for a wee, maybe go on wee patrol today! Your vet may suggest putting her on a course of panacur again if they suspect EC, if they do its best to do on it for a minimum of 28 days (this is what my vet recommends).

xx

I'm glad she is feeling better.

I had a little scare last Sunday (just as I was about to go out! :rolleyes:), one of mine stopped eating and lay down in his "I'm not well" pose, although I had just seemed him poop.

I immediately got him to drink some extra fluid with the temptation of some fresh pineapple juice mixed with warm water and brought him inside to the warmth. Within about half an hour he had done more poops and started to eat. I did notice that some of them were almost all hair when I inspected them - my suspicion being that maybe he was trying to pass this.

Is your bunny moulting at the moment, it might be worth giving an extra groom or two and try to get some extra fluids down. It is what I am doing at the moment as my two are both moulting.

Aww i'm so glad she's made a recovery. I can't offer any advice as to why it keeps happening but we are sending vibes for it not to happen again:)

I have the same problem with Munch & have no idea why. he has the choice of 3 different types of hay, meadow hay (which he's not too keen on) timothy hay with herbs (herbage) which he loves & eats like theres no tomorrow & oat hay & dried grass so he certainly gets enough fibre. I only feed him & his missus 2 handfuls of pellets (used to be SS but now changed to A&P) I think it may be because when hes in his 6ft hutch he doesnt move about much so maybe his tummy cramps & he stops eating cos hes in pain. Im hoping the new 7 foot double storey run/hutch I build for him using the grids from B&Q may solve his problems I generally give him a dose of metacam & hes fine. sorry for long post but Ive given this a lot of thought, hate to see my baby in pain

How strange! So pleased for you though - what a relief! :) When was the last Panacur course and for how long? I'd be tempted to go for a full 6 week course (28 days isn't long enough).

Back