• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A Fight - U/D back in their own house pg 12... U/D separated again : (

Thea & Bobbin

Warren Veteran
I woke up this morning to the BF telling me the buns had had a fight :shock: He told me that while he was upstairs he heard some noise, he came down anyway because it was time for their food and they were scrapping.

Broome was chasing and nipping Bobbin. He said she would trip him up and butt him over so he fell on his back and proceed to ram him :shock: apparently Bobbin managed to nip her back once. BF managed to split them up.

Bobbin is now inside the encloser and Broome is in the room outside of it so they can see and smell each other. I have checked both over and apart from some hair loss neither seem hurt.

Shall I let them back together again with me supervising? Or do I need to actually re-bond them?

I don't know what could have sparked this little tiff, but I'm worried now it will happen again :cry:

Last edited:
This happened with Joey and Saffy, its still quite early days, they are probably still sorting out a pecking order. I was absolutely stunned when saffy and joey had a go at each other which ended in saffy having her ear cleaned up and stiched :? because they had never shown aggression to eachother, i kept them seperate for the night but so they could see eachother out of caution, immediately after the fight (i wasnt there my BF was) joey started trying to groom the ear he had bitten. They have been lovey dovey ever since that was 8 weeks ago.

I would put them back together supervised only and see how it goes x

Thank you for the reply :)

I think I will put them together again with my supervision, I am just terrified of leaving them, at some point I am going to have to! The bonding wasn't even this bad :?

Any more advice greatly appreciated. Bobbin is such a sweet natured little thing, and honestly I feel terrible :(

Well, that didn't work! :(

I opened the doors to the encloser and Broome went in to see Bobbin. She started eating and Bobbin sat at her other end with his nose against her bum. I thought it looked promising because he does this alot, almost to get attention.

She ate for a bit, turned round and then it started again, thankfully I managed to seperate. It was really hard to see who actually took the first shot :?

Now Bobbin is on the outside and Broome inside.

I would get the OH to take them for an hour car ride together whilst you clear out a neutral space again then go for a rebond. I hope it works out.

Sorry Broome's being a bit of a madam Thea :roll: Think it might be the spring weather - my Ginger is being a mare at the mo! I would go with Lucy's advice and go from the beginning, it might be that Broome is finding her feet as she gets that little bit older and trying to assert herself. Carrying them round the house in the carrier together and jiggling it a bit if they get mardy can help too - fingers crossed they sort themselves out again!x

oh gosh:( i'm sorry that i can't offer any bonding advice. I just wanted to say i really hope they've just had a bad night and will be snuggled up again soon. Sending you happy couple vibes.

Just a quick ps - don't forget bunny scraps can often look worse than they actually are. If they're re-establishing who is boss then they need to nip and chase to get it sorted. Obviously locked on lying on the floor on their sides is beyond scrapping but a bit of fur pulling isn't.x

Oh dear naughty broome! She sounds like saffy when shes having a strop :? I think this time of year is bad for this. I would second the take them for a drive in the carrier, clean them out and try and neutralise the space abit, the drive may calm things down. Shes probably decided she should be boss :roll:

Could they have been squabbling over the food? is it worth giving them pellets in two separate bowls so they eat side by side and not from the same bowl? Sounds as if you have had some good advice about trying to re-establish the bond. Hope it works out

id do the car ride, clean everything so it is neutral and sort of start from scratch again! i hope it work outs xx

Gosh sorry to hear they have had a domestic! :?

Same thing happened with my molly and jessica, it may be like others have said because its still early says and its spring. Try the car ride and then try re-introducing them again. Try and let them get on with it (ie a bit of chasing, nipping humping etc is ok). Obviously if its more than that then you will have to step in. Someone on here said they squirted a little water with a water spray when they were bonding if things looked more than the chase/nip so it means that they can still establish 'boss' but it doesn't mean fully separating them and starting over.

Hope they kissy and make up soon!

x

the car ride is a great idea, Lou told me if these pair ever fell out i was to put them in the carrier to remind them they love each other..

good luck hun xxxxx

with it being Sunday, was their breakfast late, or their routine disrupted? they are really routine creatures, and she would blame Bobbin if her breakfast was late - she'd assume he'd eaten it (that's how my girls behave anyway)

Could they have been squabbling over the food? is it worth giving them pellets in two separate bowls so they eat side by side and not from the same bowl? Sounds as if you have had some good advice about trying to re-establish the bond. Hope it works out

that's a good point too - I chuck the food on the floor for my girls so they don't have to share a dish at all

Thank you everyone for the advice!

We have been on a little car journey which went well. Came back and popped them in the bathroom where they proceeded to eat the hay side by side.

I cleared out there room and it's relatively fresh and not smelling of them. They are now back in there confined to their cage, things look good, Broome has been grooming Bobbin :D

I am spying on them from the network camera I have finally manged to hook up :)

Raine - their breakfast was an hour early if anything! Although I do think it is about food. Broome always takes Bobbin's once she has finished hers, perhaps he has been calm about it until now but couldn't take it anymore and lashed out at her. All is whiskers are really short and I suspect it's because she accidentally cuts them off when taking his food :shock:

Thank you again, will keep you all updated :wave:

My personal advise if its over food is to dispense with bowls totally for the time being.

I also second the jiggly carrier :thumb: If we have a scrap when bonding they both go in the carrier together for a 'time out'.

Its very rare they fight in such a confined space.

Well done thea!

I have a bunny tree that you can see in this pic, i used to put the food sprinkled round the trough bit so they had plenty of room when i was bonding them :D
forte7800x600.jpg

ive stopped using the tiny bowls that have rabbit written on them.. if there was gonna be a fight itd be because one cant get thier head in the bowl (usually Alvin) i just use our bowls now plenty of headroom for two :)

Live Camera

Thanks for the advice on food everyone, I think I'm going to throw the food about or separate them at meal times.

I've tried really hard (with my lack of html knowledge) to embed the live view of the bunnies into a webpage for you all to see, but to no avail! :roll:

Instead I have created a guest account, you can view the camera here: http://theasch.dyndns.org:80

EDIT: I have decided not to give the username & password out online, but please PM me if you want to see it ;) :D

Please don't attempt to go into the Setup menu - guests do not have permission ;)

If there are more than 10 guests online subsequent guest will receive a blank message, try again in a while :)

Hope you like it, and I hope you don't witness any scuffles :? :lol:

Last edited:
Back