• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Toys for my Lola - We've been shopping

Kirsty&Lola

Mama Doe
I know this will have been done before but i thought a fresh look on things would be good.

After our devastating loss yesterday we are going out to buy Lola some new toys today to keep her mind occupied (this is going to be a very difficult day:( ) I have seen a tunnel in Argos that i want but i wondered if anyone could recommend their buns favourite toys - be them shop bought or home made

It would be very much appreciated from us and Lola:) Lola is a Giant Conti so she likes to have big toys:)

Last edited:
Tinkerbell loves a digging box filled with shredded paper, a phone book to murder and her Pets at Home tunnel.

My buns go mad for a small cardboard box or cardboard tube rammed with tasty hay and a few treats inside. Maybe get her a teddy as well to cuddle up to.

Thinking of you & Lola today x

Squidgy likes his 'tent' - a chair with a blanket over it!
The outside buns like to have plantpots full of readigrass and hay, with a few treats in that they have to find.
They also love willow baskets to destroy.

my buns eat newspaper, its wispa's favourite thing to do! they love destroying those carrot patch and carrot trees and balls with bells in. toilet roll tubes are much appreciated as well!!!

i hope she is ok.

My buns go mad for a small cardboard box or cardboard tube rammed with tasty hay and a few treats inside. Maybe get her a teddy as well to cuddle up to.

Thinking of you & Lola today x

Yep mine like that too. I hide kitchen roll tubes, stuffed with hay and treats in their big play box ( box dishwasher was delivered in ) along with phone books and willow balls.They go in there shred everything but have a great time digging and foraging for the hidden treats.

Hope the day isn't too difficult for you, I'm sure Lola will love whatever you think of.:)

Oh kirsty i really feel for you xx

Saffy loves willow balls to rip apart and chew, oh and they love their little tree with hanging carrots, they like their natural food roll around treat toy too. They have a edible log that they enjoy chewing :) http://www.petplanet.co.uk/product.asp?dept_id=60&pf_id=6731 I got them all from Pets@home

:idea: I also made a bunny forte out of boxes (joey is obsessed with them :lol:) not sure if you saw the pics, i put paper and toys inside each bit, they love digging and playing in it, you could do something like that to keep you and her busy today?

Thanks for some great ideas. I did see the forte pics and when Andy goes back to work on tomorrow i will get him to bring lots back (he's an engineer at a cardboard factory!) I'm not too creative but i will give it a go. Lola is currently playing on the mattress that we brought downstairs last night:)

I'm just psyching myself up to tell the vet when they open at 10, we should have been taking Rory for his check up:cry:

i forgot about willow balls! probably because they dont last very long.

Yeh mines in a big heap now, took saffy all of 2 hours to destroy the whole thing :lol: joey isnt too bothered with them, i had his for ages, he used to play with it gently, saffy's a thug!

Thanks for some great ideas. I did see the forte pics and when Andy goes back to work on tomorrow i will get him to bring lots back (he's an engineer at a cardboard factory!) I'm not too creative but i will give it a go. Lola is currently playing on the mattress that we brought downstairs last night:)

I'm just psyching myself up to tell the vet when they open at 10, we should have been taking Rory for his check up:cry:

Its fun, you'll enjoy it promise, everyone is creative :)

Oh thats so sad :( big hug xx

I'm definately going to make her something to climb on and dig in. I'm going down to my dads to empty his shredder. We are going to need some big boxes for her to fit in:)

We are going to buy her a new blanket, she loves getting snuggled up and i'm hoping the tunnel i want for argos will be in stock.

Willow balls/rings are a fav of Lola, don't last long at all but she enjoys them for 5 mins:)

Thanks again for you inspiration - keep it coming:)

Kitchen roll tubes, jingle balls.

ailey loves digging his bed, its not a toy, but its fluffy lol.

Im still so sorry for your loss Kirsty x

Big willow balls stuffed with pellets and hay :) Apple branches, I phoned all the local gardners and get them for free in huge bundles :lol: Pine cones, sometimes we go for walks and collect them or you can order them from pampered piggies :) My buns love chucking them around!

Also any type of box filled with hay :lol: I just ask at the supermarket and they give me loads of them :) And phone books. Our new phone book is just out and before the recycling man came round to collect our old ones at work I took all of them from our department home for my buns ;) I have about 15 of them in the shed :lol:

she's going to be one busy girl when we come home. I should wake andy up and prepare him for the trip. we have a few different places to visit and i like the idea of a walk to see what we can find (may also clear my head) i'm just so worried about getting things from outside incase they are carrying something. My bunny mummy health paranoia is in overdrive at the minute

Hiya :wave:

Hope Lola has a good day today - she sounds like shes going to be spoiled! My buns love massive boxes turned upside down so they can sit on top of them, I cut two holes either side so its also a tunnel! I buy them toys but they end up playing and eating the boxes! :roll:

she's going to be one busy girl when we come home. I should wake andy up and prepare him for the trip. we have a few different places to visit and i like the idea of a walk to see what we can find (may also clear my head) i'm just so worried about getting things from outside incase they are carrying something. My bunny mummy health paranoia is in overdrive at the minute

The gardeners are only bringing me branches from untreated trees :) And we just stick the pine cones in the oven for half an hour and let them cool before giving them to the buns :) Ive only gone and got some a couple of times though, its easier to just order them :oops:

Back