• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I hate using bunnies as entertainment tools.

coco1200

Warren Veteran
this really bugs me!!
whenever i have family or friends around, they always get exited to see that we have rabbits.
today, we had some family friends around (who are incedibly loud!!) and they really wanted to see my new rabbits.

i was desperate to say no, but i bought them in anyway just to be polite.

hermione ( the black baby giant) was ok, shes extremley social and she loves being handled.

Oscar (the yellow/ beige giant) is really bad with people at the moment, and he was absolutley terrified.
i did ask for these family friends to keep it down while the rabbits where in the room, but i think they completley ignored me... :evil:

i just hate the rabbits being used like this; for entertainment basically!
i just wish i was more stern now, but i guess i didnt want to offend anyone...

has anyone else ever been in these 'situations' of feel this way?

Ps. Oscars neutering friday!!! :?

yes when my rabbits were at my nans my uncke had his new girlfriend round luckily they broke up and she brought her kids round my uncle let them out oof the hutch i was furious i put them in as soon as i saw them come uo the path and the kids started screaming and chasing them, i went in to my nan and told her to tell them to stop or's id end up losing a pet to a heart attack thankfully she told them off as my uncle and his girlfriend where just laughing, it was day i came back from my hols and i was ready to take them home

lisa

Mine are on the roof terrace which is directly outside the living room so they can see them running around but some of my friends like them to come in but they are really good with them.

I'm really wary of my 3 yr old cousin, she gets so excited about seeing them and gets them presents and even made her mum write them a christmas card but she tries to grab them so has to be constantly supervised, she does well with them for her age but her Mum really likes rabbits and had her own that she rescued so she teaches her how to behave around them. If she doesn't behave they go back in.

I always say no when people ask to see them and i dont really care what they think :) I tell people who come here that my bunnies are vicious and will attack if they go near them, I always tell kids this :oops: :lol: But only because I dont want them anywhere near my bunnies :)

I always say no when people ask to see them and i dont really care what they think :) I tell people who come here that my bunnies are vicious and will attack if they go near them, I always tell kids this :oops: :lol: But only because I dont want them anywhere near my bunnies :)

:shock::lol: thats a great little tactic any kidlingtons come round i will be saying he bites he is evil! thanks silly rabbit!:lol:

:shock::lol: thats a great little tactic any kidlingtons come round i will be saying he bites he is evil! thanks silly rabbit!:lol:

:lol: I said to one kid who wanted to go out and look and kept on and on after I said already told him he couldnt 'no because they will bite your little hands right off' then I felt really bad afterwards because he got upset :oops: But at least my buns didnt have some kid poking their fingers through the runs at them :)

nope, alvin just stays under the sofa if he dont want to say hello... he only comes out when hes good and ready :D

and not many peeps come to my house cus im not the most of inviting people :oops::lol::lol::lol:

:lol: I said to one kid who wanted to go out and look and kept on and on after I said already told him he couldnt 'no because they will bite your little hands right off' then I felt really bad afterwards because he got upset :oops: But at least my buns didnt have some kid poking their fingers through the runs at them :)

ahhhhh you made him cry! :lol: i dont have any time for little kids with animals, i know its not their fault but as a child i was always taught to respect animals but i quickly learnt that most kids just dont get it they always want to pick them up stroke them blah blah blah. my dog (bless her) does not feel comfortable around children at all and they just dont get it she will growl at them (i know thats bad but she is not used to it) and u explain to the littluns and parents but they still dont get it then they turn on the water works when the dog gets upset. it really annoys me!:roll::oops:

The kids in my street used to see my buns till they grew up. However they were always very good and quiet and I always held the bunny so they got a tiny stroke. I don't trust kids with animals though. Especially alone. They are too nosey and want to poke or chase, its their own fault they get turned on, not that know it at first. But some are little terrors, I'e had to tell off nasty little boys for throwing stones at cats :censored::censored:

Anyone who comes round who's daft enough to treat my house buns as entertainment gets thumped at loudly by Max and they then retreat under their shelf :lol: (the bunnies that is) :rolleyes:

my kida are realy good with rabbits.they know to be quite and gentle but my cousin thinks its great to squeel at them!could strangle him!:evil:x

We had my parents to stay for a few days, and the buns were ok about it, apart from if there was talking near their 'home' then Eve got stressed out and chewed the cage - basically to tell the nasty new people to go away!

Well my buns are my entertainment only :DJust the way they react when they see me makes me giggle the ive got ruby trying to climb into my pocket for grub:lol:

I had my 7 year old cousin to stay for the night and she wasn't too bad. I told her not to pick them up and not to invade their space. Luckily, because the buns are in the hall, they have me and husband walking around to the kitchen, bedroom, bathroom etc all the time, so are used to people walking round, and generally don't move out of the way!

I did however, turn round when my cousin was calling for me, to see she had picked Barney up. The poor thing was being held under his "arms" if you get what I mean. I went mad! Barney is a softy and likes cuddles so he wasn't too bothered. If she'd tried it with Bluebell she'd have been hurt!

people come round and i give them a chance at seeing the buns, i warn them to be quiet and not make sudden movements etc but if they break those rules they get no more chances. ;)

I think its better to let them have a look and take the opportunity to learn a bit about rabbits than to be like "no, you are not worthy to see my pets". but if they were loud or handled them roughly i would be p'd off.

The kids in my street used to see my buns till they grew up. However they were always very good and quiet and I always held the bunny so they got a tiny stroke. I don't trust kids with animals though. Especially alone. They are too nosey and want to poke or chase, its their own fault they get turned on, not that know it at first. But some are little terrors, I'e had to tell off nasty little boys for throwing stones at cats :censored::censored:

OOI!!!!!!!!!

Back