• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hutch query

MelanieO

Young Bun
Hi,
I want to thank everyone who gave advice on the bonding situation I had, Alfie and Harriet are now living happily together.
I bought a hutch for Alfie (who is indoors at the moment) before I got Harriet and I wanted to check if you think it is big enough? I was thinking about the possibility of making a whole in the backing of the lower tier and adding a tunnel then getting a run to make it bigger.
I dont want to get a new hutch as im in the process of having a cover made for it off a company on Ebay.
Alfie only stays in the top unless the suns out!
Any advice would be greatly recieved. I didnt get the hutch off this website but couldnt find another piccie.

http://www.pjhaynes.co.uk/pet-care/rabbit-hutch-run/lb314-lazy-bones-extra-large-46-rabbit-hutch-run-with-solid-p-340.html

I think it would be a good idea to extend Alfie & Harriet's hutch, (the one in the link you say is similar to yours is a 46" 2 tier). I'm sure they would be thrilled to have a tunnel into a run! -just like a burrow!-Brill idea.-Sue:wave:

I'm looking to extend my hutch with a tunnel into a run. Ideally I'd like to bury the run slightly so you can step over it easily.
Does anyone have any ideas how to cheaply make a tunnel? I looked at using gravel boards but the tunnel would cost about £60!

Back