• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Michael is Having to be Nebulised- U/D Its Flippin' Worked !!

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
............and he's not best pleased :cry:
He has a very congested upper respiratory tract. We have tried him on systemic Baytril and Septrin which had little effect We then tried him on Depocillin and he went into anaphylactic shock and nearly died :shock: :cry: so we a none to keen to try any more systemic 'heavy duty' abx......
Michael is now back on Baytril injections, Bisolvon and he is also having Baytril nebulised.
In himself he seems perfectly well but he just sounds as though his nose is full of snot. Michael is not very happy with me at the moment :cry:

Janex

Last edited:
Oh dear Jane, you don't have much luck bless you.:(

Lots of "Hoping you're feeling better soon VIBES" to little Michael and my thoughts to you too.:(

TP

Michael says thanks for the vibes :) He says he feels perfectly well and really cant understand why I keep putting a strange mask up to his face that puffs vapour at him.....:?

Janex

How are you baring up Jane? I only ask as (bless you too!) you seem to have one hurdle thrown your way after another:(...I still haven't forgotten that poor dying bun some idiot dumped at your door yet!:shock:

I think you a BRILLIANT bun owner I really do (I have full respect for your dedication!) but you take "knock" after "knock" in caring for them and I'm sure it must take it's toll...

My thoughts, *hugs* and indeed suspicion that you may neglect your own needs in putting your (clearly well loved) animals first the whole while. Keep your chin-up and be sure to make "Jane time" to relax (your buns e-mailed me to make you!!!;))

TP

After 3 weeks of Michael being Mr Snotsford 2 sessions on a Nebuliser and VOILA.....Snot free :shock: :D
I can hardly believe it and am now going to have a go myself to see if I can unbung my sinuses!!

Janex

Great news hun! :)

I have been thinking about trying this for my gorgeous ratty and reading up on it and will be asking my rat vet on Monday :)

:shock: Did it work???? :lol: :lol: :lol:

It worked a treat !! I nebulised myself with half a Karvol Capsule and Saline. The world came down my nose :shock: and now I can BREATHE!! :thumb:

Sue, I cant post piccies at the moment as I have been without Broadband ......for THREE WEEKS!! :evil: Dial-Up is just so s-l-o-w...:roll:
Will *hopefully* get Broadband back next week.....:? :rolleyes:

Janex :wave:

Last edited:
Back