• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Ark - what would you use it for?

Liz1966

Warren Veteran
My sister has given me one of those trangular shaped 'ark' hutches for my bunnies. She bought it when she first got chickens but they quickly outgrew it. It's only 116cms long & 54 cms at the tallest point. It looks like this
DSC00244.jpg

It was useful when I was bonding my bunnies & needed to give them a hutch on a fenced off decked area of my garden but what do I do with it now? Its too small for the bunnies to be in. I make it available on freecycle but don't want someone to think it would be suitable for a rabbit. There are loads of these for sale on ebay so what on earth do people use them for?:?

I was given a large (6ft ish) triangular run with a separate covered area.

I put a solid floor in the covered part, and have a foster bun living in there.

Not sure what you could do with the one shown in the photo though...it does seem a bit small :?

I think it's way too small to use as a run, but if i were given one, I might use it as a play tunnel between two runs or hutch and run maybe. You could cover it with hard ply so that it's dark and then open up each end.

I certainly wouldn't bin it, but I wouldn't use it for accommodation either.

Have fun thinking up other uses!

If it was lined with 1" weld mesh it could be used to keep a small colony of quail.:)

Or for rescue hedgehogs before release, that's what I'm going to use my one for, I've got one just now who was too small to hibernate overwinter.

Back